I played with alcohol and wood stoves ten years ago with no good outcome. Since then I have trusted others' reviews and my own sensibilities on trying again. The $25 price and shiny appeal won me over. I thought it was going to be romantic. It was a mistake.
I did my tests with 2 cups of water in a small stainless pot and leaves / twigs from the backyard, 4 times till I gave up:
* Fire smokes, then burns too quick, doesn't get the water even near boiling.
* Incomplete burn due to the burning base getting clogged.
* Can't refuel without removing the pan.
* The burning base was completely tarnished - cheap "stainless" steel.
* The pan supports are flimsy as per many other reviews.
Not specific to this particular stove but to wood stoves generally:
* Soot (and sap) all over the stove and pan.
* Hoping the campsite is dry.
* Cutting or snapping thick twigs to size can be a task.
Back to gas I go - none of these problems - and I'm not getting lured again.
|梱包サイズ||14.2 x 14 x 8.4 cm|