WhatIfEdu prompts you to rethink education and to adapt innovations in governance, pedagogy, techniques, technology, skills and processes to your local contexts. It is a compelling starting point in the conversation around change in your system of education.
- How do we structure time better to allow reflection and personalize learning?
- How do we structure groups so that they are porous or permeable and open to ideas, and interactions, reflective of the abilities and interests of our children?
- How do we integrate curricula such that themes form the basis of learning in the classroom?
- How can teachers engage in reflective and collaborative practices to both learn and teach, in a rigorous and open manner?
- How can we better handle mixed abilities within our diverse classrooms?
- Are we industriously creating degrees?
- Shouldn’t we reward every child’s achievements and aggregate them into portfolios that more truly reflect their abilities?
- Which new skills and specializations must teachers acquire to meet the demands of the new age digital economy?
- How can teachers use games, gamification and simulations to enhance impact in the classroom, build 21st century skills and adopt new age assessment methods?
- How can we encourage our children to engage openly and constructively with makers in the giant laboratory that is our world?
- How can massive open online courses (MOOCs) really live up to their promise?
- How can school ownership be vested in the people who are most impacted by it?
- How can we wisely employ humor in our classrooms?
Baxi has assembled a set of wonderful and seriously educative narratives through 12 reflective scenarios which are a response to simple looking but very difficult challenges to the education system itself. I have high hopes that WhatIfEDU will create many 'Islands of light' by illuminating the minds of the readers.
- Dr. Vasudha Kamat, Former Vice Chancellor, SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai and Member, Committee for Draft National Education Policy of India (2018)
WhatIfEDU is a refreshing and timely work that stimulates the reader to rethink the present system of education. It was a delight reading it. I hope that all readers will find it engaging, stimulating and help them firm up their own personal educational philosophy.
- Prof. M M Pant, Former Pro-Vice Chancellor at Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
A brilliant and thought provoking book that manages to start a conversation about the Holy Grail - our education system. With its extensive research, the book is a minefield of resources and ideas.
- Anuradha Rai, Principal, Ambience Public School, Gurugram and Lead of ECHO Education
A superb compilation of simple, yet powerful thoughts and ideas to change the face of education. A must have tool kit for all Educators. Baxi’s powerful “out of the box” narrative provokes and provides educators with simple to implement strategies at their institutions.
- Girish Gopalakrishnan, Founder, Wiksate
The "what if" questions are very relevant and so is the commentary, analysis and insight!
- Manish Upadhyay, Edtech Advisor, Entrepreneur & Investor
The lucid synthesis of the best practices globally are eye opening. This is not just a “must read” but also a “must experience” book that shall continuously provoke and inspire us.
- Lokesh Mehra, Lead - Research and Development, NASSCOM