What We Leave Behind (英語) ペーパーバック – 2009/4/7
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
What We Leave Behind is a piercing, impassioned guide to living a truly responsible life on earth. Human waste, once considered a gift to the soil, has become toxic material that has broken the essential cycle of decay and regeneration. Here, award-winning author Derrick Jensen and activist Aric McBay weave historical analysis and devastatingly beautiful prose to remind us that life—human and nonhuman—will not go on unless we do everything we can to facilitate the most basic process on earth, the root of sustainability: one being's waste must always become another being’s food.
"Unwaveringly forthright, urgent and compelling. While there has been no shortage of recent works written about climate change, environmental degradation, dwindling fossil fuel supplies, and impending catastrophe, few are as direct, pragmatic, and compassionate as this one."--"Powell's Books"
"Jensen seeks to break the habits of mind that induce us to deny the severity of our environmental predicament and point the way to significant change. To that end, Jensen and McBay conduct an in-depth analysis of waste and wastefulness...their demand for the end of wishful thinking and beginning of environmental transformation is rooted in meticulously constructed arguments, striking psychological insights, and profound love of life."--"Booklist"
"Reading "What We Leave Behind" makes me think of Thoreau, of Lewis Mumford, of Tolstoy, who asked us to rethink our most deeply embedded beliefs in order to live clean, modest, thoughtful lives, to return to that natural world we have forsak商品の説明をすべて表示する
Amazon.com で最も参考になったカスタマーレビュー (beta)
- 洋書 > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Sustainable Living
- 洋書 > Outdoors & Nature > Environment
- 洋書 > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > Environmental Policy
- 洋書 > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics
- 洋書 > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences
- 洋書 > Science > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- 洋書 > Science > Nature & Ecology > Environment
- 洋書 > Self-Help > Spiritual