Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect
title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
For more than 40 years, West’s Respiratory Physiology: The Essentials
has remained a critical resource for medical and allied health students learning the basics of respiratory physiology as well as an effective, quick review for residents and fellows in pulmonary medicine, critical care, anesthesiology, and internal medicine as they prepare for licensing and other exams. The eleventh edition incorporates updates in many areas including blood-tissue gas exchange, mechanics, control of ventilation and the respiratory system under stress; all designed to aid clear understanding of pulmonary physiology.
- Clinical vignettes with questions emphasize how the physiology described can be applied to clinical situations, reinforcing reasoning and critical thinking.
- More than 100 USMLE-style multiple-choice questions with full explanations test reasoning skills for comprehension and exam preparation.
- Additional learning objectives and chapter-opening content added to every chapter to improve understanding of key topics.
- Appendices include important equations, answers to the multiple-choice questions, and discussions of the answers to the end-of-chapter clinical vignettes.
- Online resources include animations that expand on and clarify challenging topics and an interactive question bank to allow self-testing and exam review.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, including interactive diagrams, video tutorials, flashcards, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
also allows users to create Study Collections
to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.