UX for Lean Startups: Faster, Smarter User Experience Research and Design ハードカバー – 2013/5/26
Laura has spent 15 years as an engineer and designer. Her goal is to help lean startups learn more about their customers so that they can build better products faster.Her popular design blog, Users Know, teaches product owners exactly what they need to know to do just enough research and design.
- ASIN : 1449334911
- 出版社 : O'Reilly Media; 第1版 (2013/5/26)
- 発売日 : 2013/5/26
- 言語 : 英語
- ハードカバー : 240ページ
- ISBN-10 : 9781449334918
- ISBN-13 : 978-1449334918
- 寸法 : 15.24 x 1.85 x 22.86 cm
- Amazon 売れ筋ランキング: - 542,567位洋書 (の売れ筋ランキングを見る洋書)
The book starts by offering advice on how to conduct qualitative research on the idea to check if customers really need that and then moving on to landing pages to confirm the hypothesis and then to A/B testing to get statistically significant data on whether proposed changes increases certain metrics or not.
Between the various ideas, the books talks about how to speed up things aka faster user research, faster design etc. emphasizing the "lean" concept of doing just enough and thus avoiding wastage.
Other key takeaways for me were designing the test first, when to use qualitative vs quantitative tests, tips on creating various types of MVP including landing page, Wizard of Oz, Fake door test etc.
- Walks you through the practice of Lean UX in easy to follow steps
- Lists useful tools and web sites to support your UX work
- Full of practical advice, sometimes in pretty harsh language but always clearly based on a lot of real world experience
I guess it's less useful for Lean Startup beginners, but very good when you want more hands-on advice.