Terraform: Up & Running: Writing Infrastructure As Code ペーパーバック – 2019/10/8
Terraform has become a key player in the DevOps world for defining, launching, and managing infrastructure as code (IaC) across a variety of cloud and virtualization platforms, including AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and more. This hands-on second edition, expanded and thoroughly updated for Terraform version 0.12 and beyond, shows you the fastest way to get up and running.
Gruntwork cofounder Yevgeniy (Jim) Brikman walks you through code examples that demonstrate Terraform&;s simple, declarative programming language for deploying and managing infrastructure with a few commands. Veteran sysadmins, DevOps engineers, and novice developers will quickly go from Terraform basics to running a full stack that can support a massive amount of traffic and a large team of developers.
- Explore changes from Terraform 0.9 through 0.12, including backends, workspaces, and first-class expressions
- Learn how to write production-grade Terraform modules
- Dive into manual and automated testing for Terraform code
- Compare Terraform to Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation, and Salt Stack
- Deploy server clusters, load balancers, and databases
- Use Terraform to manage the state of your infrastructure
- Create reusable infrastructure with Terraform modules
- Use advanced Terraform syntax to achieve zero-downtime deployment
Yevgeniy (Jim) Brikman loves programming, writing, speaking, traveling, and lifting heavy things. He is the co-founder of Gruntwork, a company that helps startups get up and running on AWS with DevOps best practices and world-class infrastructure. He's also the author of "Hello, Startup: A Programmer's Guide to Building Products, Technologies, and Teams," a book published by O'Reilly Media that has a 4.9/5.0 rating on Amazon and 4.5/5.0 rating on GoodReads. Previously, he worked as a software engineer at LinkedIn, TripAdvisor, Cisco Systems, and Thomson Financial and got his BS and Masters at Cornell University. For more info, check out ybrikman.com.
- 出版社 : Oreilly & Associates Inc; 第2版 (2019/10/8)
- 発売日 : 2019/10/8
- 言語 : 英語
- ペーパーバック : 339ページ
- ISBN-10 : 1492046906
- ISBN-13 : 978-1492046905
- 寸法 : 17.78 x 1.78 x 23.11 cm
- Amazon 売れ筋ランキング: - 23,680位洋書 (の売れ筋ランキングを見る洋書)
The book takes the reader through an example but this is where the book fails imho. I'm a DevOps cloud guy and wanted to learn terraform because the company I'm at is using it for all cloud automation. The book skips over the v11 v12 fiasco, doesn't cover Azure or GCP. The example is kind of weak, i.e. I found a better work through example on an online blog.
If you want to learn terraform, then you'll need to be acutely aware of how terraform itself supports your cloud provider and how your cloud provider works. You have to know the ins and outs of AWS load balancer (or Azure application gateway) first before attempting to terraform it.
I love this book.
If you are looking to move your first steps in Terraform, buy this.
You'll end with a deep knowledge of the topic, plus great tips about DevOps and best practices in general.