Tableau 10 Complete Reference: Transform your business with rich data visualizations and interactive dashboards with Tableau 10 (英語) ペーパーバック – 2018/12/24
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Explore and understand data with the powerful data visualization techniques of Tableau, and then communicate insights in powerful ways
- Apply best practices in data visualization and chart types exploration
- Explore the latest version of Tableau Desktop with hands-on examples
- Understand the fundamentals of Tableau storytelling
Graphical presentation of data enables us to easily understand complex data sets. Tableau 10 Complete Reference provides easy-to-follow recipes with several use cases and real-world business scenarios to get you up and running with Tableau 10.
This Learning Path begins with the history of data visualization and its importance in today's businesses. You'll also be introduced to Tableau - how to connect, clean, and analyze data in this visual analytics software. Then, you'll learn how to apply what you've learned by creating some simple calculations in Tableau and using Table Calculations to help drive greater analysis from your data. Next, you'll explore different advanced chart types in Tableau. These chart types require you to have some understanding of the Tableau interface and understand basic calculations. You'll study in detail all dashboard techniques and best practices. A number of recipes specifically for geospatial visualization, analytics, and data preparation are also covered. Last but not least, you'll learn about the power of storytelling through the creation of interactive dashboards in Tableau.
Through this Learning Path, you will gain confidence and competence to analyze and communicate data and insights more efficiently and effectively by creating compelling interactive charts, dashboards, and stories in Tableau.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Learning Tableau 10 - Second Edition by Joshua N. Milligan
- Getting Started with Tableau 2018.x by Tristan Guillevin
What you will learn
- Build effective visualizations, dashboards, and story points
- Build basic to more advanced charts with step-by-step recipes
- Become familiar row-level, aggregate, and table calculations
- Dig deep into data with clustering and distribution models
- Prepare and transform data for analysis
- Leverage Tableau's mapping capabilities to visualize data
- Use data storytelling techniques to aid decision making strategy
Who this book is for
Tableau 10 Complete Reference is designed for anyone who wants to understand their data better and represent it in an effective manner. It is also used for BI professionals and data analysts who want to do better at their jobs.
Table of Contents
- Creating Your First Visualizations and Dashboard
- Working with Data in Tableau
- Moving from Foundational to More Advanced Visualizations
- Using Row-Level, Aggregate, and Level of Detail Calculations
- Table Calculations
- Formatting a Visualization to Look Great and Work Well
- Telling a Data Story with Dashboards
- Deeper Analysis - Trends, Clustering, Distributions, and Forecasting
- Making Data Work for You
- Advanced Visualizations, Techniques, Tips, and Tricks
- Sharing Your Data Story
- Catching Up with Tableau 2018
- Deal with Security
- How to Keep Growing Your Skills
Joshua N. Milligan has been with Teknion Data Solutions since 2004 and currently serves as a principal consultant. With a strong background in software development and custom .NET solutions, he brings a blend of analytical and creative thinking to BI solutions, data visualization, and data storytelling. His years of consulting have given him hands on experience in all aspects of the BI development cycle from data modeling, ETL, enterprise deployment, data visualization, and dashboard design. He has worked with clients in numerous industries including financial, energy, healthcare, marketing, government, and services. Joshua has been named by Tableau as a Tableau Zen Master every year since 2014. This places Joshua in a group of individuals recognized by Tableau as not only masters of the tool but also who have a deep desire to teach and help others. As a Tableau Ambassador, trainer, mentor, and leader in the online Tableau community, Joshua is passionate about helping others gain insights from their data. He frequently broadcasts webinars to educate and inform the Tableau community and the world at large about the wonders of Tableau and is a much sought after featured speaker at Tableau conferences, user groups and various technology and industry functions. He thrives on helping others. Joshua is the author of the first edition of Learning Tableau, which quickly became one of the highest acclaimed Tableau books for users at all levels. He was a technical reviewer of the Tableau Data Visualization Cookbook, Creating Data Stories with Tableau Public, and his work has been featured multiple times on Tableau Public's Viz of the Day and Tableau's website. He also shares frequent Tableau tips, tricks, and advice along with a variety of dashboards on his fun and creative blog site, VizPainter. You can follow Joshua on Twitter at @VizPainter. Tristan Guillevin is a true data lover who likes to share his passion. He graduated from engineering school in 2015. During these years, he went to Burkina Faso to teach computer science in schools around the country. The will to share and help people never left him since then. He started his professional life as a consultant at Actinvision, where he discovered Tableau. Soon, data visualization became a passion that has taken him around the world. In 2017, he won the Iron Viz (the ultimate data visualization battle organized by Tableau every year) in Las Vegas. Since his winning, he helps people with Tableau by making webinars, conferences, blog articles, and finally, this book! He's currently working at Ogury as a business analyst.