SuperFoods Rx: Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life (英語) マスマーケット – 2007/1/1
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
The super-bestselling book that's enhancing Americans' health
By eating the fourteen SuperFoods highlighted in Dr. Steven Pratt's instant bestseller, you can actually stop the incremental deteriorations that lead to common ailments and diseases
- Beans -- reduce obesity
- Blueberries -- lower risk for cardiovascular disease
- Broccoli -- lowers the incidence of cataracts and fights birth defects
- Oats -- reduce the risk of type II diabetes
- Oranges -- prevent strokes
- Pumpkin -- lowers the risk of various cancers
- Wild salmon -- lowers the risk of heart disease
- Soy -- lowers cholesterol
- Spinach -- decreases the chance of cardiovascular disease and age-related macular degeneration
- Tea -- helps prevent osteoporosis
- Tomatoes -- raise the skin's sun protection factor
- Turkey -- helps build a strong immune system
- Walnuts -- reduce the risk of developing coronary heart disease, diabetes, and cancer
* Yogurt-promotes strong bones and a healthy heart
SuperFoods Rx includes recipes created by Chef Michel Stroot of the Golden Door Spa and teaches you how to incorporate SuperFoods and their sidekicks into your diet. SuperFoods Rx is an indispensable guide to a healthy, long, and energetic life.
Steven G. Pratt, M.D., is a world-renowned authority on the role of nutrition and lifestyle in the prevention of disease and optimization of health. He is a senior staff ophthalmologist at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, California.
The other excellent thing is that the book gives shopping lists of the really good brands/products and all are items that anyone can purchase in a regular supermarket or Trader Joe's (except the eggs - I couldn't find the eggs he suggests so I just bought organic). This is about making better choices and living healthier and if you approach it that way, you will automatically be healthier and feel better. I felt better after only the first few days. I have more energy already and my skin looks really nice too.
Oh, and I hear the sequel includes dark chocolate (my favorite) and red wine (my favorite). Something to look forward to after I eat my way through this one.
At a first glance, I wondered how this book could be anything beyond listing the superfoods themselves, but after reading the book, I did think there was value in it. Even though I don't/won't remember a lot of the facts that the author threw out there, I know that having read them I'm pretty sure that I'll be eating broccoli every day from now on!
By the way, a lot of this book is really just confirming what I've been told from other sources, but for some reason it just makes the point stick a lot harder.
PS I also learned that broccoli has 2 C's and 1 L =)