Imagine a life where physical affection is readily available beyond romantic relationships. A life where you resonate with friends on a deeper heartfelt level. You can join this revolution now.
Dave Wheitner found snuggle events to be a life saver during a challenging life transition. This book is his way of paying it forward to you.
Some pay nearly $1,500 for cuddle event facilitator training, or $60 per hour for professional one-on-one cuddling. These are very valuable and important services, but not affordable or accessible to everyone.
Enter The Snuggle Party Guidebook, for less than $20.
In just a few weeks, you can be hosting platonic touch-positive events, enjoying warmer friendships, and creating a supportive tribe.
Packed with the knowledge of experts from a long-established, grassroots snuggling community, this book gives you a wealth of tools:
- an explanation of what snuggle parties are and how they can help
- activities and guidance for communicating boundaries around touch and physical intimacy, and for establishing consent
- tips on how to attract and recruit other snugglers, even if you're shy
- 25 games and educational activities to introduce others to snuggling
- ideas and tools for creating a safe, comfortable snuggling environment
- pointers on self-care and getting support, such as money and volunteers
- tips on sexuality, gender, couples/dating, and cultural diversity
- concepts and resources also relevant to one-on-one snuggling, cuddle coaching or consulting, and snuggle therapy, should you choose to branch out in other directions
- strategies for managing even some of the less common dynamics
- ways platonic snuggling can complement and enhance romantic relationships
Organized cuddle events date back to at least 2002, when a small group of visionaries in Portland, Oregon began to hold snuggle parties. Formal and informal snuggle gatherings have since become frequent pastimes among segments of the community. But this joyful, connective way of relating remains a mystery to most people.
Immersed in a community of cuddle experts, Dave created this book. He brings you much of their wisdom, developed over many years, with his own experiences and advanced psychology training. Included are the voices of many people who have benefited from snuggle events.
This book has much to offer for anyone who desires more physical affection. It may also be useful for: those who have lost a partner due to divorce or death, those in addictions recovery who want to abstain from romantic/sexual relationships, young adults who crave physical affection but aren't ready for a romantic relationship, partners separated due to military service, those seeking support following a geographic relocation, and those in residential care settings.
If you're interested in one-on-one snuggling, or in becoming a professional snuggler or cuddle buddy, you'll also find valuable information.