- 本カテゴリの商品を2500円以上購入で買取金額500円UPキャンペーン対象商品です。商品出荷時に買取サービスでご利用いただけるクーポンをメールにてご案内させていただきます。 詳細はこちら (細則もこちらからご覧いただけます)
Sly Moves: My Proven Program to Lose Weight, Build Strength, Gain Will Power, and Live your Dream (英語) ハードカバー – 2005/5/30
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Are you ready to be a contender? Sylvester Stallone's action–oriented program for getting fit and eating right is also a revealing portrait of one of Hollywood's biggest stars.
Sly Moves is more than just a handbook on fitness and nutrition. It's a provocative and candid inside look at the trials and triumphs of one of Hollywood's most famous stars. Throughout his career, Sly has always been body conscious, and as he experimented with intense training methods for various films, he has learned – often the hard way – what works and what definitely doesn't. His goal here is to help readers change harmful fitness habits, learn to counter reckless eating, and appreciate who they are even when they don't feel much like action heroes.
Part 1 is a history of Sylvester Stallone's physique, as the Rocky star shares stories about his being bullied as a child, finding comfort and strength at the gym, and then later, the wild ride of fad diets, crash–training regimens and workout disasters that fringed on obsession.
Part 2, The Sly Moves workout, outlines four exercise programs: classic, advanced, women's and hardcore. The workouts only require a commitment of about three hours a week (exactly the same amount of time Sly works out).
The Sly Moves eating plan (Part 3) is Sly's nutrition guide, highlighted by a unique meal plan for a lifetime of good eating.
Part 4 gives Sly an opportunity to inspire and encourage readers to make Sly Moves part of a long–term picture of health, fitness and wellbeing, with tips on everything from keeping goals and relaxation techniques to lessons learned from The Contender.
Sylvester Stallone is an actor, director, and writer. He is best known for writing and playing the starring role in Rocky, for which he was nominated for two Academy Awards and the film was nominated for ten. Other film credits include First Blood, Cliffhanger, Cop Land, Tango & Cash, and Demolition Man. Stallone is also the coproducer and star of the NBC reality series The Contender. He currently resides with his wife, Jennifer, and their three children in Los Angeles, California.
While reading thisbook , I laughed out loud several times. It is very funny. It is also a biography. It is also a health guide.
Any person could read this book and be entertained. After reading I immediately ordered another for a Christmas gift.
In any case, here are my thoughts:
- I found myself engaged and interested in reading because of his colloquial style of writing. His personality shines through and I feel invigorated to start or continue my journey to a stronger body. After a motivating chapter it's like Eye of the Tiger is playing in the background. Sly definitely gets you motivated.
- His personal anecdotes give light to why we should be doing things; the stories make more sense of certain exercises and gives me the "why," as opposed to just telling us this exercise is good for us. He explains clearly and his personal experience helps in making the information stick with me long after I've done reading the book.
- Exercises and stretches are photographed and explained very clearly. I often check the diagrams every once in a while because they are such an invaluable source.
- There are helpful sample workouts. I've actually copied and put them on my wall because the program that Stallone suggests will give you a tiring workout. He explains and emphasizes that it is important to continue to challenge our muscles and cardio. He suggests another workout for the individuals who may need more of a challenge. I found that extremely helpful and motivating.
- Most of the exercises and information aren't new, but there are a few exercises that Stallone has altered to make it more efficient and demanding on the muscles. For example, he explains the lat pulldown and how pulling in your elbows will bring more muscle stability and challenge. The stuff isn't new, but his approach and motivating words makes it a different experience.
- Personally, I liked the incline flies the most. Stallone often emphasizes the need to implement incline, flat, and perhaps decline into the workouts. That will stick with me whenever I work out again.
- Wonderful simple list of advice at the end of the book. If there are things he wants you to remember, it's here at the end of his book. I especially like the part when he talks about how we shouldn't be embarrassed around other people in the gym. We might be scrawny and small, but we can't even gain strength if we're always wondering how we look around others. Great advice.
Overall, the book is like Stallone telling you useful infomration about working out, but more so like a coach. I feel like he's by my side, ready to root me on or yell at my face to keep trying. Train with Sly now!
fun undercurrent. The closest one can come to having Sly as a personal trainer -- and motivator. Highly recommended.