Side by Side Lvl 2SB (3rd Edition) ペーパーバック – 2001/2/5
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Side by Side, Third Edition, by Steven J. Molinsky and Bill Bliss, is a dynamic, all-skills program that integrates conversation practice, reading, writing, and listening -- all in a light-hearted, fun, and easy-to-use format that has been embraced by students and teachers worldwide. This four-level program promotes native communication between students ... practicing speaking together "side by side."
Features of the Third Edition
- Vocabulary Preview sections in every chapter introduce key words in a lively picture dictionary format.
- "How to Say It!" lessons highlight communication strategies.
- Pronunciation exercises provide models for practicing authentic pronunciation, stress, and intonation.
- Side by Side Gazette "magazine-style" pages offer feature articles, fact files, vocabulary expansion, cross-cultural topics through photos, authentic listening activities, e-mail exchanges, and humorous cartoons for role-playing.
- All-new illustrations are lively, light-hearted, and richly detailed to offer students language practice that is contextualized and fun.
The core components include Student Books, Teacher's Guides, Activity Workbooks, Activity & Test Prep Workbooks, Communication Games and Activity Masters, audio programs, combined split editions (Student Book and Workbook lessons combined), a testing program, and picture cards.
1件中1 - 1件目のレビューを表示
I fell in love with them simply because they have a very indirect way of approaching grammar, so a teacher has freedom to emphasize grammar as much as wanted. Most other textbooks will have only one or two sample dialogs for practice. Side by Side usually has six or more. I found it easy to expand upon Side by Side dialogs by reversing an answer from positive to negative, changing the time-tense/aspect of a dialog. Because the books are based on a functional-notional approach for each chapter, it is also easy to expand upon the chapters in that way as well. Each chapter deals with certain topics in common life. Those topics can be expanded upon. It is easy to do pairwork as well as small group work with these books.
The workbook complements the textbook very well, including a lot of extra contents for listening and speaking. The recordings that can go with the books are also very good, using a large variety of different people for the conversations. They are set up so that students can "repeat after me."
By no means go without the teacher's book! While the student books can be used well by themselves, the teacher's books are fantastic sources of practical information about how to teach with Side by Side. The teacher's books make it easy for a new teacher to really develop practical skills and methods to teach, as well as for the more experienced teacher to expand skills with.
I should mention that I have never met Steven Molinsky nor Bill Bliss. But I have had literally hundreds of students that were grateful that I found and learned to teach with Side by Side!