An In-Depth and Unbiased Look Into What to Expect Before and During Scoliosis Surgery
Scoliosis surgery doesn't have to be a daunting, problematic and anxiety-ridden experience. In fact, with the proper information, advice and knowledge you can have the ability to make confident and informed decisions about the best and most suitable treatment options. Dr. Kevin Lau's latest book will help you to discover current and crucial information that will guide you in making informed decisions about your future spinal health.
You will discover:
- 7 Questions To Ask Yourself - The truth is that while surgery is suitable to some patients, it isn't necessarily right for all. Consider these seven simple questions to help you determine if surgery is your best option.
- Find Out - All about different options if treatment you might have for scoliosis
- Affording Your Surgery - Learn about the different costs associated with surgery and find out what factors determine the final price of your corrected spine, such as age, health and the severity of your curve.
- Factors That Contribute to the Progression of Scoliosis - Did you know that simple factors like vitamin deficiencies, elevated enzyme levels and hormone levels can all contribute to a worsening of your scoliosis? It's not just heredity, injury or genetic markers that can spur your condition on. Find out what you can do and how your imbalances may be affecting you.
- Different Types of Scoliosis Surgery - Including understanding components of the surgery itself such as why the rods put inside in your body during surgery (fusion) are meant to remain there.
- Possible Complications - Surgery is a big decision and does not come without the risk of complications. Sometimes the complications are minor, like longer recovery times, but sometimes they can be life threatening or debilitating. Find out what factors lead to complications, how to minimize possible problems and how professionals go about testing you for these complications during surgery.
- Real Life Stories - Learn from real case studies, the successes and hardships surgery patients encounter on the road to a normal, healthy life.
- How to Evaluate the Risks associated with the many types of scoliosis surgery.
- Practical Tips On - How to afford your surgery and how to choose the best time, place and surgeon for your needs.