MEL Scripting for Maya Animators (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics) (英語) ペーパーバック – 2003/1/1
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Learning how to unlock Maya's powerful programming capabilities can be a daunting task if you're not a programmer. Although the package's programming language, MEL (Maya Embedded Language), is easy to learn, virtually all available instruction assumes that the reader has some programming background-that is, until now.
You hold in your hands the first MEL tutorial written especially for non-programmers. MEL Scripting for MAYA Animators will quickly show any user how to go beyond Maya's built-in tools to create customized solutions, previously accessible only to programmers.
With this book, animators, artists, game developers, visual effects developers, and technical directors will master Maya's fundamentals from "under the hood;" then learn how to automate tasks, personalize user interfaces, build custom tools, and solve problems, by becoming an expert in the MEL scripting language-all with no programming experience required!
* Specifically addresses Maya users who want to develop MEL scripts
* Teaches only those programming concepts necessary to learning MEL
* Demonstrates scores of practical examples illustrating solutions to concrete problems
* Shows how to determine which problems are best solved using MEL
* Addresses the needs of experienced programmers wishing to learn MEL applications
* Provides numerous code segments and Maya scene files at www.melscripting.com
"This book fills a huge void of material on learning the MEL Language... A great first step for Maya users who want to make the leap to becoming Maya technical directors."
-Doug Cooper, Digital Supervisor, DreamWorks Feature Animation
"Mel Scripting for Maya Animators is well written for both technical and nontechnical animators. It is an essential tool in making sophisticated animation not only possible, but also practical."
-Henry LaBounta, Senior Art Director, Electronic Arts