Scaling Leadership: Building Organizational Capability and Capacity to Create Outcomes that Matter Most (英語) ハードカバー – 2019/1/30
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Transform Your Organization by Scaling Leadership
How do senior leaders, in their own words, describe the most effective leaders—the ones that get results, grow the business, enhance the culture and leave in their wake a trail of other really effective leaders? Conversely, how do senior leaders describe the kind of leader that undercuts the organization’s capacity and capability to create its future? This book, based on groundbreaking research, shows how senior leaders describe and develop leadership that works, that does not, that scales, and that limits scale.
Is your leadership built for scale as you advance in today’s volatile, uncertain, dynamic, and disruptive business environment? This context puts a premium on a very particular kind of leadership—High-Creative leadership capable of rapidly growing the organization while simultaneously transforming it into more agile, innovative, adaptive and engaging workplace. The research presented in this book suggests that senior leaders can describe the High-Creative leadership with surprising clarity. They also describe with equal precision the High-Reactive leadership that cancels itself out and seriously limits scale. Which type of leader are you?
You scale your leadership by increasing the multiple on your leadership in three ways. First, by developing the strengths that differentiate the most effective leaders from the strengths deployed by the most Reactive and ineffective leaders. And second, by increasing your leadership ratio—the ratio of most the effective strengths to the most damaging liabilities. Third, by developing High-Creative leaders all around you.
Scaling Leadership provides a proven framework for magnifying agile and scalable leadership in your organization. Scalable leadership drives forward-momentum by multiplying high-achieving leaders at scale so that growth, productivity and innovation increase exponentially. Creative leaders multiply their strengths beyond technical competence by leading in deep relationship, with radical humanity, passion and integrity.
Drawing upon decades of solid research and experience enhancing individual capability and collective leadership effectiveness with Fortune 500 companies and government agencies, the authors provide an innovative and efficient framework to help you:
- Take stock of your own personal balance of leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Scale your leadership in deep relationship and high integrity
- Proliferate high-achievers throughout your organization’s leadership system
- Identify ineffective leadership and course-correct quickly
- Transform your organization by transforming leadership
Scaling Leadership is an invaluable tool for executives, managers, and leaders in business, academia, nonprofit organizations, and more. This innovative resource provides effective techniques, real-world examples, and expert guidance for organizations seeking to improve performance, align and execute strategies, and transform their business with scalable leadership capability.
ROBERT J. ANDERSON is the Founder, Chairman, and Chief Creative Officer of The Leadership Circle, and co-founder of the Full Circle Group. Anderson created The Leadership Circle Profile (LCP) (the first of its kind) a 360-degree feedback tool integrating behavioral competencies with underlying motivational systems.
WILLIAM A. ADAMS is the CEO of the Leadership Circle, and Co-founder and CEO of the Full Circle Group. He has worked with CEOs, senior leaders, and boards of directors as a leadership consultant and trusted advisor for over 30 years. Clients include the CEOs and teams of major Fortune 500 corporations (public and private), non-profits and private equity start-up businesses. He works with executives in the areas of business transformation, leadership effectiveness, performance improvement, strategy alignment and execution.
1. This book is basically an advertisement for the authors' paid leadership assessment - that is mentioned neither by the Amazon description, Wiley or the authors. Every page gives results from their assessment and like most who purvey that these assessments mirror reality the authors' are **in love** with their tools - the greatest mistake a consultant can make. Consultants take note: Do not rely on your own tools and systems and think that you will be able to use them objectively. That’s a pro tip.
2. I am the only verified purchaser to review the book.
3. To get certified in their assessment is several thousand dollars. Ask yourself - is this assessment and its cost really what my clients need to improve their leadership skills?
4. Book makes some good points and yet they are readily available in many other leadership books.
Ignore this book and buy -
The Fearless Organization, Amy Edmondson
The Mind of the Leader, Rasmus Hougaard
Leading from Within, Gretchen Steidle
To get the most out of this book you need to be open and recognize that through honest introspection, and a willingness to receive tough feedback/have fierce conversations that you will grow by the time you finish reading the book. I caught myself texting quotes to individuals in my peer network so many times that more than one person finally send, just send me a link to the book already. I look forward to reading Mastering Leadership, and putting the information in this book to work in both my professional and personal life to aid me in my search for ever present civility.