|製品サイズ||29.21 x 13.34 x 2.54 cm; 40 g|
スント ハンドコンパス A-10
- コンパスの寸法：2.2in X 3.5インチ/重さ：0.95オンス
- Baseplate Compass
- High Accuracy Orienteering Compass made from Scratch-Resistant Acrylic
- Balanced for Northern and/or Southern Hemisphere
- Fixed Declination Correction Scale
1) No bubbles. Very good.
2) Points north. Every time.
3) Housing is robust and has good heft to it for plastic.
4) Markings are clear, legible and styled correctly for map use.
5) Not PARTICULARLY fussy about level hold and angle. Get it close to level and as long as the needle doesn't bump the top or bottom of its housing, it points north.
6) Excellent directions included. Very thorough. Very detailed. Good stuff to get you started if you're unfamiliar with mapping.
7) Comes with a lanyard and a clip for the lanyard and has a lanyard hole. The clip is unlike any I've seen and, as a result, this is my caveat. Figuring out how to position it on the lanyard was beyond my skill set. Granted, these sorts of things often puzzle me temporarily (I tend to over think things) but this one still has me stumped. No matter. I can replace it with a cord lock or, (gasp!) nothing at all. The lanyard is long enough to wear around your neck or if you want to tie it on your backpack, cut the cord some. No big deal that the clip doesn't work for me. Like I said, I am dense about such things.
8) I've owned many compasses. Most of them were cheap; a few were decent. I cannot compare this to a $70 Swedish compass because I lack the experience. But compared to off-the-shelf compasses at sporting goods stores, this seems to me to be a very good compass value.
Based on these observations, I would not hesitate to use and rely on it in the field and that's about the best recommendation I can give short of rigorous field tests. Will update more following my spring trips.
Update....7/31/2015. I tried buying this compass again and received the newer A-10 model in its place. Very basic and not worth the trouble. No mile markers on the front edge and no centerline. Just a red triangle at the front edge. If you plan on buying the one pictured, make sure it is the older model.