Praise for Rising Tide:
"This captivating and commendable work had me immersed from the beginning. The story flows from scene to scene with ease, and the author shows exceptional skill when it comes to storytelling."
"Mrs. Melanson’s writing is so descriptive and talented. Throughout the entire story, I felt like I was watching a movie."
"Melanson grabs you from page 1 and doesn't let you go until the very bitter end, only bitter because the book is finished."
"I found pure delight in this book and will recommend it to other readers."
"The writing by Claudette Melanson in this novel is top notch and I can see the movie rights for this being grabbed in no time."
2015 Readers' Favorite Gold Medal Winner for YA Mystery
2015 RONE Award Finalist for YA Paranormal
2015 New Apple Top Medalist for Young Adult Ebook
Chosen as one of 400 for the second round of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award for 2014!!!
Rising Tide will sink its fangs into you, keeping you awake into the wee hours of the night
Could Maura's life get any worse? ...turns out it most certainly can.
Isolated and sheltered by her lonely mother, Maura's never been able to make friends. She seems to drive her classmates away—except for the odd times they pay enough attention to torture her—but she doesn’t understand why. Maura considers herself to be a freak of nature, with her unusually pale skin and an aversion to the sun that renders her violently nauseous. Her belief is only worsened by the fact that almost everyone around her keeps their distance.
Even her own father deserted her before she was born, leaving Maura alone with her emotionally distant mother, Caelyn. Even though Maura is desperate for answers about her unknown parent, Caelyn remains heartbroken and her daughter can’t bring herself to reopen her mother’s wounds. Or is there a more sinister reason Caelyn refuses to utter a word about her long-lost love?
When a cruel prank nearly claims Maura’s life, one of her classmates, Ron, rushes to her rescue. Darkly handsome & mysteriously accepting, Ron doesn’t seem to want to stay away, but Maura is reluctant to get too close, since her mother has announced she’s moving the two of them to Vancouver…nearly 3,000 miles away from their hometown of Indiana, Pennsylvania.
If life wasn’t already challenging enough, Maura begins to experience bizarre, physical changes her mother seems hell bent on ignoring, compelling Maura to fear for her own life. Vicious nightmares, blood cravings, failing health and the heart-shattering loss of Ron—as well as the discovery of a tangled web of her own mother's lies—become obstacles in Maura's desperate quest for the unfathomable truth she was never prepared to uncover.
˃˃˃ Sure to become one of the Books to Read of the year, Rising Tide: Dark Innocence isn’t the usual YA tale of vampires. Full of Mystery and Suspense, this Vampire Mystery Thriller packs just enough Romance & Humor, while delivering plenty of Dark Fantasy served with a side of the Supernatural. Maura, in the midst of her vampire awakenings is unarguably a vampire in denial. It is a novel that is certain to become one of the classic paranormal and fantasy books of its time--the series is not only for Teen & Young Adult readers, but has been well-received by many adult readers, as well. Maura doesn't live in Castle Dracula in Transylvania, but she must still discover the bloodlines constructing the creature she is destined to become, while overcoming social issues, such as bullying, that rock her world while coming of age. She is an strong Urban Scienece Fiction & Fantasy female protagonist readers love. A preview is available using the Look Inside feature for the ebook and print copies, above. Scroll up to read a sample now!
- "How Melanson dealt with the vampire lore was interesting and fans of Twilight might enjoy Rising Tide. The cliff-hanger definitely leaves you wondering what's going to happen next." Kayti Nika Raet for Readers' Favorite
- "It's about vampires, coming of age, a mother-daughter relationship and romance. And it's good. ... I also love the cover art; kudos to the cover designer, Rachel Montreuil. All in all, this is an enjoyable page-turner." Lit Amri for Readers' Favorite
- "Maura stayed with me long after I finished the book." Mark Matthews, Author of On the Lips of Children & Milk-Blood.
- "Ms. Melanson has found an excellent balance here with a storyline that is straightforward enough to not be confusing and intriguing enough to remain compelling." Leslie Stokes for InD'tale Magazine
- "Can there EVER be too many great YA fantasy novels? Claudette Melanson, author Rising Tide has definitely made a place among them!" Diiane Bylo, Top 500 Reviewer and owner of Tome Tender Book Blog