React Cookbook: Create dynamic web apps with React using Redux, Webpack, Node.js, and GraphQL ペーパーバック – 2018/8/30
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Over 66 hands-on recipes that cover UI development, animations, component architecture, routing, databases, testing, and debugging with React
- Use essential hacks and simple techniques to solve React application development challenges
- Create native mobile applications for iOS and Android using React Native
- Learn to write robust tests for your applications using Jest and Enzyme
Today's web demands efficient real-time applications and scalability. If you want to learn to build fast, efficient, and high-performing applications using React 16, this is the book for you. We plunge directly into the heart of all the most important React concepts for you to conquer. Along the way, you’ll learn how to work with the latest ECMAScript features.
You'll see the fundamentals of Redux and find out how to implement animations. Then, you’ll learn how to create APIs with Node, Firebase, and GraphQL, and improve the performance of our application with Webpack 4.x. You'll find recipes on implementing server-side rendering, adding unit tests, and debugging. We also cover best practices to deploy a React application to production. Finally, you’ll learn how to create native mobile applications for iOS and Android using React Native.
By the end of the book, you'll be saved from a lot of trial and error and developmental headaches, and you’ll be on the road to becoming a React expert.
What you will learn
- Gain the ability to wield complex topics such as Webpack and server-side rendering
- Implement an API using Node.js, Firebase, and GraphQL
- Learn to maximize the performance of React applications
- Create a mobile application using React Native
- Deploy a React application on Digital Ocean
- Get to know the best practices when organizing and testing a large React application
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Working with React
- Conquering Components and JSX
- Handling Events, Binding and Useful React Packages
- Adding Routes to Our Application with React Router
- Mastering Redux
- Creating Forms with Redux Form
- Animations with React
- Creating an API with Node.js Using MongoDB and MySQL
- Apollo and GraphQL
- Mastering Webpack 4.x
- Implementing Server-Side Rendering
- Testing and Debugging
- Deploying to Production
- Working with React Native
The code examples are great and are easy to follow. If you take the time to understand the underlying code, it is a great foundation to build off of.
I would recommend this book to people learning React.
The good: it shows how to use fullstack react using mongo, graphql, redux, node, Express, and several other methods to build the frontend and backend of web apps. It provides a good path on how to move forward in your journey on react.
The Bad: Most of the book contains unexplained code and assumes that you understand the new concepts being introduced without any explanation such as the use of axios without defining the arguments and firebase commands and redux section. This book introduces great concepts such as how to integrate mongodb, using apollo, etc. But requires the reader to pick up many other books or read documentation or blogs to understand the specifics. I would recommend fullstack react over this book as it offers better explanations such as the two ways setState method works in accepting an object or a arguments of current state and a callback function.