It is no exaggeration to describe the C# language and its associated environment, the .NET Framework, as the most important new technology for developers in many years. .NET provides a new environment within which you can develop almost any Windows-based or web-based application, while C# is a new programming language designed specifically to work with .NET.
Entirely revised and updated for the Golden Release of .NET, Professional C# 2nd Edition is the ideal introduction to the C# language and the .NET Framework, and will become an indispensable companion for any user of C# and .NET.
Offering an unparalleled breadth and depth of coverage, this book provides the information that you need to learn the key concepts of the C# language, and then takes you on to a complete exploration of programming the .NET Framework with C#, so that you are ready to develop powerful C# applications in the .NET environment.
Topics covered include:
- How to program in the object-oriented C# language
- Writing Windows applications and Windows services
- Writing web pages and web services with ASP.NET
- Manipulating XML using C#
- Understanding .NET Assemblies
- Using ADO.NET to access databases
- Integration with COM, COM+, and Active Directory
- Distributed applications with .NET Remoting
- Generating graphics, and printing documents using C#
- Accessing the Internet with C#, and network programming
- Handling files and the Registry, and controlling .NET security