Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon: Official Collector's Edition Guide (英語) ハードカバー – 2016/11/25
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
The official hardcover strategy guide from Pokémon for the Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon video games!
Be prepared for each part of your journey with the step-by-step walkthrough and extensive hints in Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon: The Official Strategy Guide! From your first steps as a Trainer and through your adventure, this guide has the info and tips to help you play like the very best.
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
-8 high-quality double sided lithographs of concept artwork in a protective sleeve.
-Exclusive concept art from game creators, GAME FREAK! Get a behind the scenes look at the new people you meet on your journey through the Alola region!
-Detailed walkthrough of the brand-new Pokémon games!
-Locations of where to catch Pokémon!
-Lists of moves, items, and more—including how to obtain them!
-Helpful tips for getting the most out of communication features!
-Pullout map of the region!
それ以外にもゲームの攻略本としてもとても充実してるのではと思います( ˙˘˙ )英語はあまり読めないのですが、それでもとっても楽しいです！
* Colorful - everything is themed and bright, and it makes reading through the guide very fun.
* The cover - it's smooth, shiny, and truly elegant. I went for this copy because of the lithographs, but I'm totally in love with the cover.
* Table of Contents - Very detailed, but also incredibly tiny. If you have trouble reading up close, this is going to be time to get the magnifying page overlay out. I'm not kidding. It's a bit overwhelming.
* Color Coded Sections - Have you ever looked at a big store magazine, or a fabric pattern book, and they have those neat color coded section tabs? Do you love them because they're so organized? WELL, YOU'RE IN LUCK. This guide does the exact same thing, making your questions and concerns quickly and easily become knowledge and power.
* Lithographs - sadly the majority of these looks pixelated, or blurry, almost as if they were smaller works of art that were enlarged to be printed... for those who are likely interested in the lithographs and understand graphic art terminology, it looks like it was printed in 72 dpi, not 300 dpi.
They are double sided, with one side giving dimensions and facial expressions of a specific character, and the other side of a location.
Out of the eight lithographs, I'd likely only frame and display one of the location artworks, as it is the only one that seems to be printed properly.
For those wondering, I checked with a friend who got the same version and her lithographs are exactly the same.
TL;DR: Basically, they are wildly disappointing.
* Ads - I get that adverts are necessary, but there's legitimately a paper flier for another guide (Pokedex Sun and Moon, arriving in early 2017) that totes itself as "a postgame guide." It makes me feel like my purchase was immediately useless. I'm not going to buy this Pokedex, so should I even have bothered to get this guide? Is all the information I'm going to need in this guide? (I have no idea. I will report back when I finish the game.)
Should you buy?
Yes and No.
* YES, if you're a collector and really just need this sumptuous hardcover version in your possession. No judgement from me, it's glorious.
* NO, if you're a player trying to get into the game and learn more about Pokemon. There are a lot of resources online, and I was persuaded by the temptations of lithographs and a hefty discount for ordering it before release. Sadly, I feel like this was a poor addition and that this version of the guide is simply a money grab for desperate new players that didn't pre-order the standard edition. I'm honestly considering returning the book and just trudging along on my own. I'm having more fun being vaguely confused (and equally as excited) by this take on the franchise... it's really helping me connect to my character.
In essence, I feel like I've been scammed. Sure, it's pretty, but it's overpriced and it's a collector's novelty that will only look pretty on a shelf in a month or two... until I decide to donate it, or sell it back to Amazon or to a friend, in about a year. I know myself and I'm not going to lie to you, a kind stranger that has read through my entire write-up on this relatively mediocre product. Save yourself and your money.
Photo 1: Lithograph sneak peaks. Sure, "it's not a great photo," you may be saying. Well, it's a fine photo save for the shadow from my camera. What looks blurry or hard to make out is just that. Some of the pieces are good looking, but most just make you question your life choices.
Photo 2: Look at the color, look at the neat color-coded directory on the side. How convenient and nice.
Photo 3: Wow, what a gorgeous shiny cover! What's this? Oh, it's an ad telling me that I need to buy EVEN MORE... before I even get to the actual guide. Even before I get to the table of contents... wow.
EDIT NOTE: Please check out the comment section of this review for another take on some of my main concerns. T. Burman really knows what he's talking about, and it's worth a read if you're considering this (or any Pokemon) guidebook!
detailed information from the game!