Photo Journalism: The Professional's Approach (英語) ペーパーバック – 1990/12
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
A comprehensive overview of the equipment, techniques, and approaches that have made successful photojournalists excel at their profession. This is the second edition of a book based on years of experience of both the author, Ken Kobre, and many contemporary leading photojournalists who were interviewed by the author. It provides a path for beginning and advanced photojournalists to follow toward taking and using successful photographs for features, spot news events, sports, and photo essays.
In my full-time job I've been a full-time staff photographer with a large daily newspaper for over 30 years, and still, I come across something new with every reading of this book.
The book covers everything you need to know to get started, topics include...
- covering news, features, sports, politics & contemporary issues
- narrative picture stories
- finding features & catching candids
- environmental & interpretive portraits
- creative use of the strobe
- digital shooting & darkroom techniques (Photoshop tutorials included)
- concept photography & illustrations
- newsroom politics
- picture editing
- shooting within the bounds of the law
- controversial pictures & ethical discussions
- expanded history of photojournalism
- freelancing & business practices
- internships and after
If bought new the book also comes with a DVD featuring multiple documentary film shorts which to me is worth $20 alone.