Moon Pennsylvania (Travel Guide) (英語) ペーパーバック – 2018/8/7
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Visit historic battlefields, share the road with horse-drawn buggies, and explore two vibrant cities on the rise. Inside Moon Pennsylvania you'll find:
- Strategic itineraries like a 7-day spin through the best of the state, weekend trips, and tips for history buffs, families, and outdoor adventurers
- The top sights and unique experiences: Sneak a peek at the Liberty Bell and museum-hop in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Hike, camp, or show off your snowboarding skills in the Poconos, spot roaming elk in the Pennsylvania Wilds, and relax on the shores of Lake Erie. Learn about American history at Gettysburg, marvel at Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpiece in the Laurel Highlands, or take a horse-drawn buggy through Amish country. Find the best Philly cheesesteak, indulge in all that Hershey has to offer, and try a "Pittsburgh-style" sandwich stuffed with fries
- Suggestions for day trips from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, including Bucks County, Amish Country, Moraine and McConnells Mill State Parks, Fallingwater, and Cook Forest State Park
- Local tips from Philadelphia local Rachel Vigoda on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay
- Thorough background information on the landscape, wildlife, climate, and local culture
- Focused coverage of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Dutch Country, the Pocono Mountains, Pittsburgh, the Alleghenies, the Lake Region, and Pennsylvania Wilds
With Moon Pennsylvania's practical tips and local insight, you can experience the best of the Keystone State.
Staying in the city? Try Moon Pittsburgh or Moon Philadelphia. Exploring more of the East Coast? Try Moon Virginia & Maryland or Moon Washington DC.
Amazon.com: 5 件のカスタマーレビュー
Covers a lot, but lacks depth.
2019年4月5日 - (Amazon.com)
Selected this book because it was the newest travel book for Philadelphia and Pennsylvania. So far I used it for Philly and Lancaster County and while it seemed to cover the scope of tourist needs, it is superficial. It is useful, but for the money one expects more. In comparison with most other guide book and Moon's own, this one comes up short.
Joseph E Maiellano
Not only the best, but the only guide to visiting PA
2018年11月23日 - (Amazon.com)
This guide is packed with information about visiting Pennsylvania. For a huge state, it's hard to believe that there isn't another travel guide for the whole state. This is the one! It has tons of info about Philly and Pittsburgh, and everything in between and top to bottom. The author is one of Philly's top writers and editors and she spent months traveling the state to write this book. My husband and I have been travelling to the Wellsboro area for decades and it's hard to believe, but we found new things to do there in the book. This would be a great gift for any Pennsylvanian and anyone who enjoys exploring both cities and the roads less traveled.
2018年10月24日 - (Amazon.com)
Very comprehensive. It gives great insights into not only the more popular and well known sights but also the lesser known but equally as interesting and worthwhile destinations. Highly recommended to anyone planning to travel to Pennsylvania and even locals looking to get to know their own area better.
Great for day trips!
2018年9月29日 - (Amazon.com)
This book has great restaurant suggestions all over the state. I live in Philadelphia and it's been a nice resource to plan little weekend trips outside the city. Based on the author's picks in Philly, I'm looking forward to try attractions and restaurants throughout Pennsylvania.
Great reference for PA
2018年9月27日 - (Amazon.com)
Easy to follow, great recommendations, seems comprehensive and definitely worth having as a travel guide.