- SOHOストア: ビジネス・オフィスに必要なアイテムを多数ラインアップ。期間限定のお買い得情報も。SOHOストアへ。
Patriot Memory/パトリオット 2.5インチSATA接続SSD SandForce SF-2281搭載 Pyro 240GB(PP240GS25SSDR)
人気のSandForceチップ搭載の「Wildｆire」シリーズの下位モデル。Read550MB/s、White515MB/sと十分なスピードと、TRIMコマンド対応、55bitECC機能など十分な性能を備えています。＜＜スペック＞＞【型番】 PP240GS25SSDR【規格】 2.5インチ、9.5mm厚【容量】 240GB【フラッシュタイプ】 MLC【コントローラー】 SandForce SF-2281【インターフェイス】 SerialATA III (SATA 6Gbps)【速度】 シーケンシャルリード：550MB/s (SATA 6Gbps) シーケンシャルライト：515MB/s (SATA 6Gbps)【サイズ】 D9.3mm x W69mm x H101mm【重量】 118.3g【対応OS】 Windows7/Vista/XP/Mac OS/Linux【保証期間】 3年【機能】 ・エラー訂正機能：55bit ECC ・ランダム書き込み強化 Max Random Write IOPS: Up to 85,000 (4K aligned) ・TRIMコマンド対応 ・DuraClussテクロノジー搭載 ・RAISE搭載
I have to say the SSD made the most difference in the machine's speed, and it worked for me in a USB enclosure, a FW400 enclosure, and (noticeably fastest) in the plain old internal SATA port. This drive has been seamlessly compatible with all of these components up through OS X 10.7.3.
Biggest benefit: quick launch of big apps like Photoshop Elements and Word.
Secondary benefit: drive is silent and cool.
Tertiary benefit: machine boots quickly.
Also: I received my rebate relatively promptly.
- Available space after installing Windows 7 showed as 111GB. The other portion is system files, so be aware there is a loss in usable space. I think that space was consumed by Microsoft when it formatted the drive. If you cloned or formatted the drive before installing the OS this may be different for you.
- Actual space used after I installed these programs; Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office, iTunes, Google Chrome, Microsoft Security Essentials, LeapFrog Connect is 25GB used of 111GB.
- Startup / shutdown is lightning fast. It used to take several minutes to boot and for the wifi to connect. Now within one minute it is booted and connected to wifi.
- There is no longer hard drive noise and I don't have to worry when my wife walks around with the laptop.
- Drive was not recognized in the BIOS. This was OK since Windows install disk found it fine.
- Windows 7 key would not work. This is probably due to me using an upgrade key. It could also be because changing hard drives can cause key issues. I will need to call Microsoft and I am confident they will give me a new key. They are pretty good about that if you have a legit copy of Windows.
- My wife lost all her podcast subscriptions for her iPod. I will blame that on Apple. They should backup that data to your iTunes account.
I will leave feedback later on the rebate. I have sent it in following their instructions. For others that have had trouble with the rebate. I wouldn't give more than one star to any manufacturer who failed to honor a rebate.
In conclusion, at around a hundred dollars after rebate this is an excellent upgrade to an aging laptop. Do a fresh operating system install to clean the junk off and give it an extra speed boost. This was plug an play. No need for data cables or transfer software since I did a clean install.
The drive hase been running without any problems. I sent in the rebate following their instructions and I have received notice the rebate has been processed. They are stating it will take 8-10 weeks to get the rebate becauase I didn't select the expedited method. This is rediculous. Even the slowest mail method wouldn't take more than one week, so they are intentionally delaying the rebate for 2 months.
My system took about 20 seconds to boot when set on hd priority, now it boots in less than 10! i have tested out both ssd's to see if they work, and both run fine. as of now i have put my linux ubuntu 11.10 OS on one drive, and plan on putting another OS on the second. already i notice a HUGE difference in speed.
so all thats left to check is its reliability. time will decide that.
i highly recommend switching to ssd if you are still using an hdd for your OS and main apps.
i also recommend this pyro drive over the competiton 60 gb drives. they have the fastest speeds i've aeen at this size. also i will be getting the wildfire 120gb for storage space the wildfire series are faster than the pyro amd i would have gotten one of those if they made a 60gb version.
It was only $120 after rebate and tax but that is pretty inexpensive for a 120GB hard drive
Durable compared to a hard drive
Easy to setup and install