- ペーパーバック: 412ページ
- 出版社: For Dummies; 1版 (2004/4/30)
- 言語: 英語
- ISBN-10: 0764541668
- ISBN-13: 978-0764541667
- 発売日： 2004/4/16
- 商品パッケージの寸法: 18.9 x 2.3 x 23.4 cm
- おすすめ度： この商品の最初のレビューを書き込んでください。
- Amazon 売れ筋ランキング: 洋書 - 1,161,373位 (洋書の売れ筋ランキングを見る)
PHP 5 For Dummies (英語) ペーパーバック – 2004/4/16
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Covers the latest major release of PHP, the most popular open source Web scripting language, in the friendly, easy-to-understand For Dummies style
- PHP is installed on nearly nine million servers, and usage has grown at the rate of 6.5 percent per month for the past two years
- PHP is easy to learn, well suited for Web development, and can be embedded with HTML, making it a good choice for creating dynamic Web pages for e-commerce sites and other Web applications; a database-friendly language, it connects easily to Sybase, MySQL, mSQL, Oracle, and other databases
- Explains how to acquire and install PHP, how PHP's features make it a useful scripting language, and how to use PHP for three of the most common applications: interactive Web sites, database storage, and common operating system tasks
Janet Valade is the author of PHP & MySQL For Dummies. In addition, she has authored and revised chapters for several Linux books and for a Webmaster certification book.
Janet Valade has 20 years experience in the computing field. She worked as a Web designer/programmer for an engineering firm. Prior to that, Janet worked for several years in a university environment as a systems analyst. During her tenure, she supervised the installation and operation of computing resources, designed and developed a data archive, provided technical support for faculty and students, wrote numerous technical papers, and developed and presented seminars and workshops on a variety of technology topics.
Amazon.com で最も参考になったカスタマーレビュー (beta)
There are 8 quotes replaced with underscores on 4 lines in Chapter 3, 2 quotes replaced with underscores on 1 line in Chapter 4, and 20 quotes replaced with underscores on 8 lines in Chapter 5. I have a list of the errors and corrections on my web site at janet.valade.com/php5errors.html.
I always expect some errors from books dealing with technical material, but the errors here are of a nature so as to cause confusion, especially to those new to PHP.
My bottom line recommendation is not to use this book if you are new to programming or to PHP. You'll spend more time than warranted separating the wheat from the chaff. There are much better intros to be had. Try Sam's "PHP, MySQL and Apache" or Sitepoint's "Object Oriented PHP Solutions". Both are accurate, easy to understand, and have code samples that are easy to get to.
OK, so I'm not sophisticated, professional, or even very smart. But so many computer books seem to forget the first twenty pages that explain just what the hell you are trying to do. Perhaps the Dummies books take 40 pages to explain what could have been donw in 20, but that's not a problem. I can read fast.
It has often happened that I first read a Dummies book and then once I'm deep into doing something with that language I need to go get a more complete Bible type book. I haven't gotten far enough into PHP yet to know if this is true, but in moving a web site over to Unix (BSD), Postgre, Apache, and PHP; I don't have the time to read a Bible on each one of these. This book, along with some other Dummies books is getting me started a lot faster than I thought possible.
Now, I need to go back and make sure if an underscore ever really means underscore...
Does the author of these books ever read these reviews???
I also wouldn't call this book for people who have no knowledge of php. This does not introduce the basic concepts of the language well like for example the tags in php. All the author says is thats how scripts start. Other books gave me paragraphs why they have those tags. This book though is good for a beginner but has had some experience with the language.
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Web Development & Design > Programming > PHP
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Web Development & Design > Web Design
- 洋書 > Education & Reference