The Official Guide for GMAT Review 2015 Bundle (Official Guide + Verbal Guide + Quantitative Guide) (英語) ペーパーバック – 2014/7/8
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Everything you need to prepare for the GMAT exam with one click: The Official Guide for GMAT Review 2015 with Online Question Bank and Exclusive Video, The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2015 with Online Question Bank and Exclusive Video, and The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review 2015 with Online Question Bank and Exclusive Video. All three guides feature real GMAT questions—and their answers— written by the creators of the test.
In addition to more than 1500 questions between the three guides, the GMAT Official Guide Bundle features:
- Exclusive access to the online question bank that allows you to create practice tests from the over 1500 retired GMAC questions featured in the guides
- New videos from real test takers and GMAC staff who share insight and tips on GMAT preparation
- A new online study companion with 50 Integrated Reasoning questions and answer explanations*
- An Integrated Reasoning chapter with details about the new GMAT exam section
- A 100-question diagnostic exam to help focus your test preparation efforts
- Grammar review covering concepts tested on the GMAT Verbal section
- Sections on Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and Sentence Correction
- Comprehensive math review covering concepts tested on the GMAT Quantitative section
- Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency questions that review arithmetic, algebra, and word problem
First of all - if you own the previous version (13th edition of the OG and 2nd edition of Quant and Verbal Guides)), there are no new questions in the this bundle. The only reason you may want to purchase these is to have the online quiz engine available to you (see screenshots I uploaded)
~~~ Strengths ~~~
1. Real GMAT questions retired from past tests
2. Online quiz engine allows you to build practice sets using the OG but it is very weak and cumbersome (more below)
3. Practice questions follow actual GMAT test patterns (it's great to have one's ear trained, esp. in verbal)
4. Overview of the Integrated Reasoning section (50 questions online)
~~~ Weaknesses ~~~
1. The quiz system is very simplistic and cumbersome. For example I have no idea how to start working on question 10. I have to restart from the beginning every single time and it seems it is not even tracking what questions I have attempted??? Very odd... perhaps I have been spoiled with good GMAT Prep and other CAT Test interfaces. I am struggling here.
2. Questions are EASY in general (only about 5 questions are really a 700-level) based on GMAT Club member feedback. Here are the hardest ones: Official Guide Main Book (V Diag 25, PS 218, DS 129, DS 131, DS 141). The Quant book is the especially easy one.
3. Does not include any test-taking strategies. Though it has a few short review sections for each area, they are weak and very unfriendly
4. Questions are predominantly low to medium in difficulty which is often not representative of questions one encounters on the test
5. We really could have used some new questions. The official Guide questions are generally on the EASY side.
6. There is a 100% overlap with previous edition of the Official Guide. 13th Edition has an 83% overlap with the 12th edition. 12th edition has a 66% overlap the 11th edition.
P.S. If you own the previous 13th edition and 2nd edition of Quant and Verbal Guides, I could see some still buying the book for the advantage of having the online practice quiz access, but the issues that the online quiz engine has I would not buy it.
Let me know if you have any questions - i reply to comments
BB, Founder of GMAT Club
750, q49, v42.
If you are looking for the Integrated Reasoning only questions, direct access is not supported. To access the Integrated Reasoning questions, you must purchase and have access to the GMAT Official Guide." I do have the guide! I have this 2015 official guide why is it restricting me access to the IR section which is advertised with the book in the product description?
Like I said, it's only good for practicing questions. There is minimal amount of material for review, which might not be so bad if your quant skills and grammar are great.