Moon Utah (Travel Guide) (英語) ペーパーバック – 2017/6/6
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
From remote deserts and arid mountain ranges to colorful canyons and world-famous national parks, Moon Utah reveals the best of this adventurous state.
- Strategic itineraries from a weekend getaway to Salt Lake City, to ten days covering the entire state, curated for history buffs, families, outdoor adventurers, ski bums, budget travelers, and more
- How to plan a national parks road trip covering Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef, and Canyonlands
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Hike or mountain bike across canyons, rugged mountain ranges, and glistening salt flats, or hit the slopes at a Park City ski resort. Admire ancient Native American rock art and cliff dwellings, and walk beside fossilized dinosaur footprints. Explore historic Mormon sites in Salt Lake City, or wander through old mining towns. Go rafting down the Colorado River, canyoneering through the Narrows, or climb to the famed Delicate Arch just in time to watch the sun setting over the captivating hoodoos
- Honest recommendations from Utah experts and lifelong explorers W.C. McRae and Judy Jewell on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from ski resorts to budget motels to campgrounds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Accurate, up-to-date information on the landscape, wildlife, and history, and advice for LGBTQ+ travelers, international visitors, seniors, and travelers with disabilities
I was reluctant to download the kindle version of a new guidebook that had not been reviewed, but glad I did.
I like the way the authors have divided the big state into sections. Easier to digest the info that way. I especially like the Say it Right section with correct pronunciations. Not being Mormon, I found the section on Conduct and Customs interesting if we encounter standoffish folks. What I hadn't thought of at all, and the authors brought to my attention, was the possibility we wouldn't be able to buy gas on Sundays and the likelihood restaurants will be closed. Will make sure our gas tank and cooler are full.
The other thing that I found helpful was the recommendations on healthy restaurants and vegan/vegetarian friendly restaurants. We are both 20 year vegetarian/vegan plant based eaters so to find this in a guidebook is a plus. Even carnivores might was to take a break once in awhile. Very helpful.
Although the kindle version is very handy, I will likely buy the paperback as I like to bend, tear apart and mark up a guidebook. After all, a guidebook is a minuscule cost of our entire trip, but can make a big difference.
I also appreciate the Moon Guide way of organizing the destination into manageable sections, greatly facilitating trip planning. A day to day itinerary featuring the best of Utah is provided, though cross referencing with page numbers that is included in some Moon guides is not available in this one. All the sites are described in detail, with a good range of recommended lodging and restaurants.
We have been to Utah many times and thought we've pretty much covered most of where we want to go, but this guide helped us identify Kanab as a new area to explore.
#travelNSA #abovethecloud #breakthecloud #peoplenotdata #bitchwheresmydata #visitNSA