Moon Take a Hike Phoenix: Hikes within Two Hours of the City (Moon Outdoors) (英語) ペーパーバック – 2013/11/5
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Grab your water bottle and explore more than 75 great hikes in and around Phoenix. The Valley of the Sun offers thousands of acres for hardcore hikers and first-timers alike to enjoy Arizona's amazing landscape. Inside Moon Take a Hike Phoenix you'll find:
- Detailed Descriptions: Find the right hike for you with thoughtful and thorough descriptions of what to expect along each trail. Pick from a variety of hikes ranging from flat routes suitable for families to challenging rock scrambles. Escape the city for a few hours or take a day-long trek to ultimate solitude.
- Quick Reference: Compare difficulty ratings, distance, and elevation gain to pick which trail to tackle in an easy-to-scan chart. Icons identify hikes that are dog-friendly or wheelchair accessible-and highlights like historic sites, wildlife, and wildflowers
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps for each trail showing topography and elevation. Point-by-point navigation guides you along the right path and prepares you for changes in terrain. All hikes include GPS coordinates and detailed driving directions (including access via public transit when available) for each trailhead.
- Best-of Lists: Get ideas for where to start with hikes sorted by interest or difficulty, including "Best Near Water," "Best Summit Views," and "Best Kid-Friendly Hikes."
- Trusted Advice: Born and raised in Phoenix, author Lilia Menconi shares the experience and knowledge she's gained hiking in and around her hometown. Lilia also includes essential tips on desert safety and ways to beat the heat.
Looking to explore beyond Phoenix? Try Moon Southwest Road Trip. Ready for an overnight outdoor adventure? Check out Moon Grand Canyon.
Lilia Menconi is a Phoenix gal through and through. She was born and raised in Phoenix with the famous Camelback Mountain visible from her backyard and school playground. While she enjoyed the occasional day hike with her family during her childhood, she truly fell in love with the city's dusty trails as an adult.
Lilia is an award-winning writer whose work has appeared in local publications, including Phoenix New Times, Arizona Republic, and Generation Health AZ, and on the blog The Broke-Ass Bride. She loves her day job as a communications coordinator and feels lucky to accept additional work as a freelance writer and blogger. She happily lives and works in Phoenix with her husband (who hiked almost every trail in this book with her) and two adorable cats.