Mastering Borland Delphi 2005 (英語) ペーパーバック – 2005/8/8
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Delphi Takes a Great Leap Forward; It's Time for You to Do the Same
The latest release of Borland's Delphi is a major overhaul, featuring a brand-new IDE for both Win32 and .NET development and tons of other improvements. Mastering Borland Delphi 2005 is the best way to get up to speed, whether you're starting from scratch or have experience with an earlier version. Written by an award-winning and internationally known Delphi expert, this book shows you how to capitalize on Delphi's many advantages--including its clean language, speed of development, portability, and an active community that has produced hundreds of third-party tools.
* Writing code using the Delphi language
* Navigating the Delphi 2005 IDE
* Understanding the relationship between Delphi and Microsoft's .NET Framework
* Tapping Delphi's database support
* Using ADO.NET and the Borland Data Providers
* Developing multi-tiered applications on Win32 and .NET platforms
* Writing applications that will be portable from Win32 to .NET
* Using Indy for sockets programming
* Understanding your web development options with Delphi, including WebBroker, WebSnap, IntraWeb, and ASP.NET
* Taking advantage of Delphi's XML and web services support
* Using the ECO framework for Model-Driven Architecture
Detailed Coverage of the Delphi Language, from an OOP Perspective
In-depth Instruction in Win32 and .NET Development Using the New IDE
Learn How Much You Can Accomplish with the Combined Borland and .NET Libraries
See Why Delphi Is Now an Even Better Choice for Internet Development
Master Delphi's Many New Capabilities, Including Refactoring, Unit Testing, Database Management, and More
Marco Cantù is the author of the best-selling Mastering Delphi series and several e-books on Delphi. A recipient of the Spirit of Delphi award from Borland for his Delphi-related writing, teaching, and public speaking, Marco also consults on XML and web services architectures and is active in several open source software projects. He lives in Italy with his wife, two kids, and a dog. He can be reached via his website, www.marcocantu.com.
The rich code samples are immediately applicable to today's right-now applications, with background material that is succinct and helpful.
It's still applicable today for one simple reason: Delphi is still the fastest and most reliable way to build robust Windows applications, bar none. The economic impact of this simple fact is why Delphi is still being used today, despite Borland's self-induced problems, and will continue to be used for the same reason for as long as Win32 is around - probably a long, long time indeed.
DISCLAIMER: Borland wanted to do a case study on my company's use of Delphi, even after I told them I thought that their marketing department was brain dead. They compiled and published the case study, but I still believe that their marketing department is brain dead.