XPresso is a node based system in Cinema 4D that is used to create automated object interactions. You can create these interactions by drawing wires from one node to another. From rotating fan blades to rigged objects, from propellers to the bouncing ball, from clock mechanism to organic movement of a jellyfish, XPresso allows you to create animations with ease.
The MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to XPresso book introduces students to the XPresso module of the Cinema 4D which is a node-based visual scripting language. This book covers XPresso Editor and different nodes of the XPresso and MoGraph classes and takes you step-by-step through the whole process of building node networks in XPresso Editor. Numerous examples and hands-on exercises are used to show the functioning of the nodes. Moving ahead, this book broadens your XPresso knowledge by taking you step-by-step through the process of creating four Cinema 4D lighting presets. You can use these presets to quickly and easily illuminate the scenes and produce cool looking renders.
Practicing is one of the best ways to improve skills. This book contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete and gain confidence for real-world projects. By completing these activities, you will be able to master the powerful capabilities Cinema 4D. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to create hard-surface models in Cinema 4D.
- Explains XPresso Editor and node-based approach.
- Covers nodes of the XPresso and MoGraph classes.
- Step-by-step instructions to create four lighting presets from scratch.
- Covers nodes and features in detail.
- Features 30 examples showing functioning of the nodes.
- Features more than 18 hands-on exercises – complete with before and after files.
- Contains 10 practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in bold face so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Includes an ePub file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This ePub file is included with the resources.
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess the knowledge.
Breif Table of Contents
This book is divided into following units:
- Unit CX1: XPresso Editor
- Unit CX2: XPresso Nodes
- Unit CX3: Creating XPresso Presets
- Unit CXB: Bonus Hands-on Exercises
- Unit CXP: Practice Activities
- Unit CXA: Quiz Answers