This book includes:
• ONLY 50 words! Although there are 100 sentences, all the sentences use the 50 words shown in this lesson
• 50 Flash cards! Practice with sight word flash cards included with this book!
• Progressive learning! The sentences are ordered so that your child will have no more than one new word in each sentence.
• No Context Clues! - Because this book has no pictures, you can be confident that your child is reading the words and not memorizing a story!
This book is divided into four sections to help your little one master these critical words:
• Learn Sight Words & Read the Sentences – This section will help you teach your little one the sight words. Each page has one “sight word flash card” followed by one sentence using that word and words your child has already mastered.
• Practice 50 Sights Words – This flash card only section includes all 50 words used in the book presented in the order they appear in the sentences.
• Practice 50 Sight Words – To “mix things up” a bit, this section shows the sight word flash cards, in alphabetical order. Use this section to make sure your child can distinguish between similar words, such as “toy” and “toys”
• Read 100 Sentences - Finally, read all 100 sentences!
Download the sample to try some of the first section for free!
So what are sight words? Many of the most frequently used words in English are difficult to sound out and instead, need to be recognized on “sight” for a child to become a proficient reader. Sight words can be known by other names as well including High-frequency words, Dolch words (named after Edward William Dolch, PhD who first compiled the list in 1936), Fry words (named after Dr. Edward B. Fry's who updated the list in 1996), Instant words (because you have to know them 'instantly'), Star words, Wall words (they are often put up on the wall in classrooms) and more!