Packed with practical, actionable advice, Let's Get Digital delivers the very latest best practices on publishing your work and building audience.
* Boost your writing career with marketing strategies that are proven to sell more books.
* Get expert tips on platform building, blogging and social media.
* Discover which approaches are best for selling fiction vs. non-fiction.
* Implement powerful ways to make your ebooks more discoverable.
* Increase your visibility by optimizing keywords and categories.
* Weigh the pros and cons of Kindle Unlimited, and find out exactly how to tweak your promotional plans depending on whether you stay exclusive to Amazon or opt for wider distribution.
And that's just for starters...
Praise for Let's Get Digital:
"Let's Get Digital is a must read for anyone considering self-publishing." -- JA Konrath, bestselling author of Trapped, Origin, and Whiskey Sour.
"Even with my background as an indie writer, I picked up several valuable tips...this is simply the best book about the ebook revolution that I have read." -- Michael Wallace, bestselling author of the Righteous series.
"Credible and comprehensive. I'd recommend it to any writer who is considering self-publishing or anyone interested in the current state of publishing." -- Big Al's Books and Pals - 5 stars.
"It should be THE starting point for anyone considering self-publishing today. This book is a Pixel Pick, and should be considered required reading for any Indie author." -- Pixel of Ink.
PART ONE: HOW TO PUBLISH A BOOK
1. Writing to Market
2. Finding a Proper Editor
3. Covers, Blurbs, Taglines
4. Building Your Book
5. Pricing to Sell
6. Optimizing Metadata--Keywords & Categories
7. Distribution: Wide or Exclusive?
8. Your First Readers
9. Platform Building & Related Terrors
10. Planning for Success
PART TWO: THE DIGITAL REVOLUTION
11. Birth of the Kindle
13. The Lure of Self-Publishing
14. Myths, Shibboleths, Zombie Memes
15. Scammers & Weasels
16. The Age of the Algorithm
17. How the Kindle Store Works
18. Paperbacks, Short Stories. Reviews, Practicalities
19. Starting from Zero
PART THREE: SUCCESS STORIES