Learn how to build amazing and complex reactive web applications easily with Vue.js
About This Book
- Learn how to propagate DOM changes across the website without writing extensive jQuery callbacks code.
- Learn how to achieve reactivity and easily compose views with Vue.js and understand what it does behind the scenes.
- Explore the core features of Vue.js with small examples, learn how to build dynamic content into preexisting web applications, and build Vue.js applications from scratch.
Who This Book Is For
This book is perfect for novice web developer seeking to learn new technologies or frameworks and also for webdev gurus eager to enrich their experience. Whatever your level of expertise, this book is a great introduction to the wonderful world of reactive web apps.
What You Will Learn
- Build a fully functioning reactive web application in Vue.js from scratch.
- The importance of the MVVM architecture and how Vue.js compares with other frameworks such as Angular.js and React.js.
- How to bring reactivity to an existing static application using Vue.js.
- How to use plugins to enrich your applications.
- How to develop customized plugins to meet your needs.
- How to use Vuex to manage global application's state.
Vue.js is one of the latest new frameworks to have piqued the interest of web developers due to its reactivity, reusable components, and ease of use.
This book shows developers how to leverage its features to build high-performing, reactive web interfaces with Vue.js. From the initial structuring to full deployment, this book provides step-by-step guidance to developing an interactive web interface from scratch with Vue.js.
You will start by building a simple application in Vue.js which will let you observe its features in action. Delving into more complex concepts, you will learn about reactive data binding, reusable components, plugins, filters, and state management with Vuex. This book will also teach you how to bring reactivity to an existing static application using Vue.js. By the time you finish this book you will have built, tested, and deployed a complete reactive application in Vue.js from scratch.
Style and approach
This book is a thorough, step-by-step guide showing readers how to build complete web apps with Vue.js. While teaching its intricacies, this book shows how to implement the MVVM architecture in the real world and build high-performing web interfaces.
Table of Contents
- Going Shopping with Vue.js
- Fundamentals - Installing and Using
- Components - Understanding and Using
- Reactivity - Binding Data to Your Application
- Vuex - Managing State in Your Application
- Plugins - Building Your House with Your Own Bricks
- Testing - Time to Test What We Have Done So Far!
- Deploying - Time to Go Live!
- What Is Next?
- Solutions to Exercises
In 2013, along with her brother and her husband, she started an educational project based in Ukraine. This project's name is EdEra and it has grown from a small platform of online courses into a big player in the Ukrainian educational system. Currently, EdEra is pointing in an the international direction and preparing an awesome online course about IT. Don't miss it!
In 2014, Olga, with her husband and daughter, moved from Portugal to Berlin, where she started working at Meetrics as a frontend engineer, and after a year she became the lead of an amazing team of frontend software developers.
Olga is happily married to an awesome guy called Rui, who is also a software engineer. Rui studied with Olga at the University of Coimbra and worked with her at Feedzai. Olga has a smart and beautiful daughter called Taissa, a fluffy cat called Patusca, and two fluffiest chinchillas called Barabashka and Cheburashka.