With code examples and step-by-step instructions, author Bonnie Eisenman shows web developers and frontend engineers how to build and style interfaces, use mobile components, and debug and deploy apps. Along the way, you’ll build several increasingly sophisticated sample apps with React Native before putting everything together at the end.
- Learn how React Native provides an interface to native UI components
- Examine how the framework uses native components analogous to HTML elements
- Create and style your own React Native components and applications
- Install modules for APIs and features not supported by the framework
- Put it all together with the Zebreto effective-memorization flashcard app
- Deploy apps to the iOS App Store and Google’s Play Store
Bonnie Eisenman is a software engineer at Codecademy, with previous experience at Fog Creek Software and Google. She has spoken at several conferences on topics ranging from ReactJS to musical programming and Arduinos. In her spare time, she enjoys building electronic musical instruments, tinkering with hardware projects, and laser-cutting chocolate. Find her on Twitter as @brindelle.