Developed by Facebook, and used by companies including Netflix, Walmart, and The New York Times for large parts of their web interfaces, React is quickly growing in use. By learning how to build React components with this hands-on guide, you’ll fully understand how useful React can be in your organization.
- Peek under the hood to understand how React runs in the browser
- Create application presentation layers by mounting and composing React components
- Use component trees to manage data and reduce the time you spend debugging applications
- Explore React’s component lifecycle and use it to load data and improve UI performance
- Use a routing solution for browser history, bookmarks, and other features of single-page applications
- Learn how to structure React applications with servers in mind
Alex Banks is a software engineer, instructor, and cofounder of Moon Highway, a curriculum development company in Northern California. As a software consultant, he has developed applications for the Chicago Marathon, MSN, and the Department of Energy. Alex also assisted in the development of the continuous delivery curriculum that is delivered to every Yahoo new hire. In addition, he's authored several classes for Lynda.com.
Eve Porcello is a software architect and cofounder of Moon Highway, a curriculum development company in Northern California. Prior to Moon Highway, Eve worked on software projects for 1-800-Dentist and Microsoft. She is an active corporate trainer, speaker, and author on Lynda.com.