Get ready - it's time to start learning!You will be amazed at what you can pick up—it's so much more than just a few words here or there. Take your German to the next level and boost your vocabulary, reading comprehension and grammar sense with episode 1 of our short story series for beginners!Newly arrived in Berlin, a young man from Sicily is thrown headlong into an unfamiliar urban lifestyle of unkempt bachelor pads, evanescent romances and cosmopolitan encounters of the strangest kind. If only there weren't this pesky business of learning German
Experience daily life in the German capital through the eyes of a newcomer, learn about the city and its people, and improve your German effortlessly and instantly.
It's all about immersion! The ultimate goal of any good learner.
Just got started learning the language of poets and thinkers? Memorized a few words but struggle with longer texts? This book is designed to help beginners make the leap from studying isolated words and phrases to reading (and enjoying!) German fiction.
Using simplified sentence structures and a very basic vocabulary you can build upon, this German reader of 10 short stories for beginners is carefully crafted to allow even novice learners to fully immerse themselves in an authentic German learning experience.
Each chapter comes with a complete German-English dictionary with special emphasis on collocative phrases (high frequency word combinations), short sentences and expressions designed for improved memorization.
By working with these building blocks instead of just single words, learners can boost their active usage of new material instantly and make the language learning process more fluid and fun. You'll be surprised at what you can pick up!
What You'll Find In This Book
- 10 quirky chapters set in bustling Berlin
- a relatable protagonist and other fun characters
- tons of phrases and expressions you will actually use in daily life
- a detailed German-English dictionary after every chapter
- fun short quizzes to check your text-comprehension (including answers)
- bonus materials including video, flashcards and further exercises
- the beginning of a grand German learning adventure ...
Read, Learn & Collect Them All
Yes! That's right. This is only the first episode of a whole series of exciting German short stories for beginners
. Follow our protagonist to Frankfurt, Cologne, Munich, Zurich, Vienna and many other cities! Before you know it, you'll have travelled half of Europe and picked up more German than years' worth of expensive courses. Learning German has never been more fun.
What You WON'T Find In This Book
- archaic German words and phrases nobody uses in real life
- dull characters designed by academics and committees
- generic sentences that don't go nowhere
- condescending storytelling that insults your intelligence
- a teaching approach which takes itself too seriously
Welcome to episode 1 of Dino lernt Deutsch: Café in Berlin - the perfect way to step up your vocabulary, boost your grammar sense and have a ball reading in German!