"What an inspiring book. Every leader should read it and learn how to promote happiness for employees, customers, suppliers, investors, and even the leader him- or herself. That type of leadership has been integral to our success and I know it will boost your results too."
- Garry Ridge, CEO WD-40 Company
This book presents a simple but radical idea: The fundamental goal of any leader should be to increase happiness in the world. Leaders who don't do that are doing it wrong.
Drawing on fascinating lessons from psychology, neurology and philosophy, this book demonstrates why leaders should put happiness first - for themselves, their employees, their customers, and the wider world - and why happy leaders are more successful.
Learn from some of the best and happiest leaders in business, arts, politics and the military, including:
- The symphony orchestra conductor who discovered that happy musicians play better music
- The company founder who got much better results when he stopped being a jerk and started being nice
- The industrial CEO who had to unlearn everything he'd been taught about leadership to create a happy and successful manufacturing giant
- The nuclear submarine commander who stopped giving orders
- The IT executive who brought his company out of a major crisis by focusing on his employees' happiness
This book is for executives and managers at every level who want knowledge and tools to make their business leadership a force for good, creating better results and a better world.
“Leading with happiness is compelling—it’s useful, well-researched, and downright fun to read. I especially loved Kjerulf’s insights about what “happy leadership” is and is not, and his stories and strategies about leading with happiness during tough times. Kjerulf’s advice “If you have their back, they’ll have yours” are words that every leader ought to live every day."
- Robert Sutton, Stanford professor and author of The Asshole Survival Guide: How to Deal with People Who Treat You Like Dirt.