JOBY LEDライト ゴリラトーチ グレー 1445
これのあとJOBY ゴリラトーチ フレア FL2を買いましたが、
* The LED used in the unit is very bright and in conjunction with the dimmer function allows an excellent range of illumination
* The legs consist of multiple ball and socket joints that allow easy positioning with good rigidity.
* Each ball has a rubber-like ring around it (the gray rings in the photos) which provides a good friction grip when wrapped around an object.
* The tripod feet have the same covering as the rings giving it a low slip tripod base.
* The tripod feet contain strong magnets that hold the tripod securely to a metal surface in any orientation (up, down or sideways).
* The Battery/Lamp reside in a single assembly so there is no restriction on rotating the light.
* The unit I received has a battery compartment electrical contact issue. The battery compartment cover contains contacts that connect the battery (+) terminals with the unit body. This contact can be affected by tapping on the case, turning the lamp off and back on when it is switched on.
* The dimmer works well, but is non-linear in operation. The dimmer/switch rotates over approx. 220 degrees, but the dimmer operates over the last 90 degrees.
* The light produced is very similar to a flashlight - a bright center with a less bright surrounding light ring. As the primary use for the unit is as a work light a change to create a more uniform lighting area would allow the LED's brightness to be better used.
Overall this is a very good product that with minor gripes, delivers what it promises
December 2011 UPDATE: After a year or two, it has yet to come in handy for me. Because it lights up a very small area, it's usefullness is limited.
My fiance's son works with him and since he keeps teasing and pretending to steel his Dad's Gorillatorch I have just ordered one for him. He also has all kinds of flashlights and he really loves the Gorillatorch. I figured why should the men have all the fun with this little flashlight...and since I am a heavy duty horticulturalist/gardener I thought I should have one and keep it on my work cart with all of my other gardening tools, shovels, etc. Often, I am still in gardens trying to finish planting, mulching or whatever and it is getting dark and I am in an area where our outside lighting doesn't provide much light. I figure this flashlight will be perfect for me to aim at a small area of a garden bed and allow me to see what I am doing to finish up. The legs will be perfect for me to be able to stabilize it or balance it on rocks, walls, etc. and since my cart is metal I can attach it to the cart.
I have read the negative reviews for this flashlight and just do not understand exactly what people expected from this flashlight. I think some people expected this flashlight to totally replace full blown electric lighting. They are expecting too much. The flashlight does what it is supposed to do and if you use it for what it is capable of doing we all highly recommend it. I've now purchased 4 of them and probably will purchase more for ourselves as well as gifts. For the black and yellow on 3/16/13 I paid $20.13 which I feel is more than reasonable for this flashlight. I've paid way more for other flashlights which really are inferior to the Gorillatorch. Be sure to look at the price of the different colors as the prices can vary greatly. On 11/30/13 I purchased this flashlight in orange and black for $22.75 and the orange and black as of a couple of days ago was $48 and change...so check the prices. Actually, I see that today, 3/20/13 the yellow and black is $19.40 which is even a little lower than my purchase price on 3/16/13 of $20.13. Also, today, the gray & black is $29.99. I don't have many complaints with Amazon, but this is one that I do have as I don't understand why a product is different prices by color. This is across the board with much of what they sell. I am not referring to the varying prices of an item sold by third party sellers. I am talking about a product sold by and shipped by Amazon which varies in price by color. I am not aware of any store that does this, but this is another subject and I am not reviewing Amazon here, however, I am alerting you to check prices by the different colors on all items.
I would say try one...I don't think you will be disappointed if you don't expect the flashlight to replace electric lighting. Be realistic...it is a flashlight, not an electric portable construction light and it is under $30.