How to Invest in Structured Products: A Guide for Investors and Asset Managers (The Wiley Finance Series) (英語) ハードカバー – 2009/9/15
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
This book is essential in understanding, investing and riskmanaging the holy grail of investments - structured products. Thebook begins by introducing structured products by way of a basicguide so that readers will be able to understand a payoff graphic,read a termsheet or assess a payoff formula, before moving on tothe key asset classes and their peculiarities. Readers will thenmove on to the more advanced subjects such as structured productsconstruction and behaviour during their lifetime. It also explainshow to avoid important pitfalls in products across all assetclasses, pitfalls that have led to huge losses over recent years,including detailed coverage of counterparty risk, the fall ofLehman Brothers and other key aspects of the financial crisisrelated to structured products. The second part of the bookpresents an original approach to implementing structured productsin a portfolio.
Key features include:
- A comprehensive list of factors an investor needs to take intoconsideration before investing. This makes it a great help to anybuyer of structured products;
- Unbiased advice on product investments across several assetclasses: equities, fixed income, foreign exchange andcommodities;
- Guidance on how to implement structured products in a portfoliocontext;
- A comprehensive questionnaire that will help investors todefine their own investment preferences, allowing for a greaterprecision when facing investment decisions;
- An original approach determining the typical distribution ofreturns for major product types, essential for productclassification and optimal portfolio implementation purposes;
- Written in a fresh, clear and understandable style, with manyfigures illustrating the products and very little mathematics.
This book will enable you to better comprehend the use ofstructured products in everyday banking, quickly analyzing aproduct, assessing which of your clients it suits, and recognizingits major pitfalls. You will be able to see the added value versusthe cost of a product and if the payoff is compatible with themarket expectations.
ANDREAS BLÜMKE is Head of Structured Products at VPBank. He obtained a degree in economics, option businessmanagement, from the HEC University of Lausanne in 1992. He becamea Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA) in 2000. Beforestarting a banking career, he was a commodity trader from 1992 to1995, working for Continental France in Toulouse as a soft-seedtrader, and later at Deustche Conti in Hamburg as edible oiltrader. He began his banking activities at UBS AG in 1996 inZürich, where he briefly traded bonds and bond futures, beforehe joined Cantrade Privatbank AG in 1997 to trade OTC options.Shortly after, he created and built the structured products desk.As the structured products business expanded successfully, hemanaged a team of up to 6 people, including an Advisory desk.Cantrade subsequently became Ehinger & Armand von Ernst AG, andwas acquired by Julius Baer AG in 2006.
He is married with two children, and fluent in French, Germanand English. Structured products have been his passion for the last12 years.