Big History and the Future of Humanity (英語) ペーパーバック – 2015/5/6
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Featuring a variety of updates and revisions, Big History and the Future of Humanity, Second Edition, presents an accessible and original overview of the entire sweep of history from the origins of the universe and origins of life on Earth up to the present day.
- Provides an accessible and original overview of the entire sweep of history that places human history within the context of the history of life, the Earth, and the universe
- Offers new insights into the future of humanity by providing a better understanding of the past
- Features a variety of updates and revisions that include increased coverage of key concepts such as the emergence of human behaviour, the development of value systems, and patterns of complexity in Big History
- Incorporates a variety of 'little big histories' that aid readers in recognizing how big history concepts can relate to their daily lives
- Instructor resources from the author will be available online upon publication
Find additional resources from the author online at www.bighistory.info
Fred Spier is Senior Lecturer in Big History at the University of Amsterdam. He also teaches big history at the Eindhoven University of Technology and Amsterdam University College. He is the author of The Structure of Big History: From the Big Bang until Today (1996) and a founding member and President of the International Big History Association.