Handbook of Orthodontics, 1e (英語) ペーパーバック – 2010/3/10
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Richly illustrated and in full colour throughout, the new HANDBOOK OF ORTHODONTICS presents the subject of orthodontics in an accessible, easy-to-read manner. Whilst maintaining a strong clinical focus throughout, this new volume provides the reader with a firm understanding of the problem of malocclusion and its management and addresses the controversies in modern orthodontics by taking an evidence-based look at current clinical practice. The book also presents a clear explanation of the basic sciences of relevance to the orthodontist, including an up-to-date look at craniofacial development, growth and syndromic conditions that affect this region.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of clinical orthodontics, from diagnosis and treatment planning through contemporary removable and fixed appliances to cleft lip and palate
- Helps the reader develop a critical approach to the different philosophies of treatment by addressing controversies in orthodontics and looking at current clinical practice in an evidence-based manner
- Covers the scientific basis of orthodontics in detail with particular focus on embryology, craniofacial development, growth and the biology of tooth movement
- Numerous clinical examples clearly illustrate the theory described
- Succinct writing style and rich use of pedagogy - almost 400 illustrations and tables together with 'pull-out boxes' - to help make learning easy
- Ideal for use as a textbook or as a reference manual
- Suitable for senior dental students, postgraduate trainees and residents in orthodontics
"The use of full colour throught makes it extremely attractive and the quality and quantity of information willl make it more than useful for anyone preparing for the MOrth or Master's exams. Once upon a time, there was a book called enquire within on Everything- this handy volume comes very close as regards orthodonttics. I look forward to it becoming a standard." Orthodontic Update, July 2010
''A substantial chapter (6) is devoted to describing the procedure for the aquasition of a comprehensive database for the formulation of an appropriate treatment plan. The timing aims and limiting factors of orthodontic treatment are debated in Chapter 7. Shown and described in Chapter 8 are the variety of tooth movements that can be achieved with removable appliances, either individually or on groups of teeth. The authors claim to have attempted to write a book that will appeal to students of orthodontics; I believe this they certainly have achieved. Stressed is the necessity of understanding of the basic sciences which includes a detailed description of craniofacial development, growth and disease.'' Dr. Alex Jacobson
"Both a textbook and a work of reference, this 400-page paperback is accompanied by a substantial index (over 20 pages). This makes quick referral to any of the subjects included here very straightforward."
BDA News, May 2011商品の説明をすべて表示する
VERY CONCISE,CLEAR AND PRECISE. EXCELLENT PICTURES AND ORGANISATION.