About This Book
- Learn the basics of node.js, npm, and gulp and how they work together
- Harness the power of gulp to solve a number of reccurring problems that you are likely to face while building complex web applications
- A step-by-step guide to help you simplify and manage complex tasks such as image compression, minification, and so on
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Create files and directories and run applications using the command line
- Get to know the basics of node.js and npm and how they relate to gulp
- Write basic tasks that will concatenate, minify, compress, and preprocess your files
- Understand the internal working and structure of gulpfiles and gulp tasks
- Install gulp plugins and add them as project dependencies
- Gain a solid understanding of gulp to write your own custom tasks from scratch
- Discover ways to add additional functionality to improve your tasks
By the end of this book, you will be able to create your very own gulp environments from scratch, create and maintain tasks and project builds, and automate your workflow with plugins and custom tasks.
Travis Maynard is a frontend web developer who focuses on minimalism and simplicity. He is currently creating software at The Resumator to help make the hiring process a more successful and enjoyable experience. Prior to his work at The Resumator, he created efficient web frameworks and user experiences at West Virginia University to serve their education and marketing efforts. In his spare time, he actively contributes to the open source software community and occasionally writes about the web on his website (http://travismaynard.com).