FISHER-PRICE BUTTERFLY GARDEN CRADLE 'N SWING
We have used this swing for 9 months now. It still works perfectly, the seat cushion/cover comes off easily for washing. I use the regular washing machine (not even on gentle and with a load of clothes) and dryer for it and it has held up for at least 2 washings each week for 9+ months. My daughyer loves it amd still fits in it. Some swings won't swing a 9mo bc of their weight. Different song settings and volume, butterflies spin, lights spin around inside the netting and our daughter lives to watch them. The swing can go from side to side or front to back with the press of a button, swing can be set on low/slow or high/fast. Its a beautiful swing and has held up to extreme abuse, seriously! Id recommend to anyone! My 3yo son knows how to turn it on and change settings if I ask him to. I dont know how this ended up with suck bad reviews, but I noticed that some are for completely DIFFERENT SWINGS. The motor isnt loud, its as expected, it makes noise of course but isnt obnoxiously loud. I personally love it and would recommend to anyone! ***Also, it plugs in (with battery powered option! Dont get one that doesn't, you'll go through more batteries than you can imagine!
Overall, it's a great baby swing. It's got pretty music with light and the butterflies move around. That would always entertain my baby that she would fall asleep on her own. She's 7 months now and still using it.
I wanted to wait and see how well it held up before I reviewed this swing so I've now had it for approximately 6 months.
• My baby likes it
• The stock photo is exactly how it looks. The different shades of pink against the white is very pretty
• The mobile and projector is nice. My daughter loves the projector and looking up at it waiting for me to turn it on is the first thing she does when I put her in it.
• The seat pad is soft and easy to take on and off to clean
• My baby really enjoys it. It keeps her content and quiet for a bit and she falls asleep easily in it, which is nice for those days she is extra restless and fussy
• I like that it plays nature sounds and music both and the volume control goes from a nice soft low to a pretty loud high
• It recently started making a weird sound when swinging. It's coming from the top where the swing attaches to the mobile/top base. It's a loud squeaky, creaky sound.
• When it arrived the box was all beat up and there is about a 3" crack on top of the swing next to the buttons that control the speed and music. It's very noticeable and like I said before, it would've been sent back but baby must've been so excited to use it she decided to come the very next day. So, with all the craziness that comes with a new baby it got put on the back burner. The box got thrown away and we use it often so it stayed.
• The net that surrounds the seat is uneven and doesn't stay in place. Constantly having to pull it out of the seat when it rides up. The covered metal bottom peice that connects to the netting gets pulled up into the seat too, which can poke baby and be uncomfortable.
• The bags that the unassembled peices were in, particularly the seat, had dirt and stains on it. ( The seat wasn't stained it just makes me wonder where it was to get so filthy)
• Wish there was more of a variety on the music
• The head support/pillow is not great for newborn. I used blankets to help keep her head as uppser body comfortable
I really wish I would've sent this back and purchased an entirely different swing. Especially with the sound it is now making.
I wouldn't recommend this swing to my friends or family so I won't recommend it to strangers either.
For the price I paid I'm pretty dissapointed now.