Essential Cell Biology (英語) ハードカバー – 2003/11/18
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Essential Cell Biology, Second Edition contains basic, core knowledge about how cells work. It has a proven track record in providing students with a conceptual and accessible grounding in cell biology. The text and figures have been prepared to be easy-to-follow, accurate, clear and engaging for the introductory student. Each section follows logically from the previous one, telling a story, rather than being a collection of facts. Questions integrated throughout each chapter encourage the reader to pause, think about what they have read, and attempt to apply the new knowledge in ways that test their understanding. Based on user feedback, the Second Edition now offers increased coverage of genetics and more experimental background. It is completely up-to-date.
.."."an excellent example of designing a textbook for undergraduates and non-biology majors. It is clear, well illustrated, conversational in tone and enjoyable to read and browse through..." ." -E-Streams, October 2004 "The second edition retains all the beauty of the first, and it serves as an editorial model -- a guide that shows us how serious authors prepare a new version of a serious book. ...What makes for a great science education is not the amassing of facts but the understanding of concepts, processes and syntheses, and the realization that all our information about nature must be subject to testing and revision. That is the kind of educational experience that students can acquire from the second edition of Essential Cell Biology." ." -The Textbook Letter, Volume 12, Number 2, 2005
4件中1 - 4件目のレビューを表示
1. Exceptional readability, for some reason the authors manage to keep your attention better than most texts, especially since it is cell bio we are talking about.
2. Graphics are great and very helpful / clear. Instead of serving an almost purely aesthetic function like many texts, the figures summarize the "big picture" processes or subjects in a clear memorable manner
3. The book is not cheaply made and consists of durable hardback.
4. It's one of the few hard copy textbooks I get to use this semester so the away-from-computer time is much appreciated not to mention the lack of need to charge the book.
1. Heavy- Good or bad thing. For me I couldn't care less as I am just happy to be reading a physical book again (schools are really shifting towards poorly functioning, non-versatile, e-texts).
2. Though not having to do directly with the book content, I did not expect a brand new book to come by any means. However, the vast majority of the book is thoroughly highlighted. Evidently the previous user reads through the tip of a highlighter, of a rainbow of colors whose designation I have yet to determine. Every...single....word is highlighted as you might imagine this took some getting used to as text would shift from neon green to neon yellow to dark blue to pink and on. I'll re-update if they try to charge me for the highlighting massacre.
The only negative about this book, this edition (other editions may have fixed the problem) is its seemingly fragile physical state: the hardcover is weak. It bends and bows, and the spine usually collapses (this is my second book and the spine pulled away from the pages just as it did with my first copy of this book). I am NOT hard on textbooks. I don't highlight or mark in them, I don't toss them around, I don't cram them in backpacks. This is just from gentle use. If not for the easily-ruined cover, I would have given this textbook five stars.