- 予約商品を通常商品と同時にご注文の場合、通常商品も予約商品の発売日にまとめて発送される場合がございます。通常商品の配送をお急ぎの方は別々にご注文されることをおすすめします。予約注文・限定版／初回版・特典に関する注意は こちらをご覧ください。
Elmo's World - Dancing Music Books [DVD] [Import]
- アスペクト比 : 1.33:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : いいえ
- 言語 : 英語
- 製品サイズ : 1.78 x 19.05 x 13.72 cm; 92.99 g
- EAN : 0074645172095, 9780738922980
- 商品モデル番号 : Relay Time: 50 min
- メディア形式 : 色, DVD-Video, NTSC, インポート
- 発売日 : 2001/10/29
- 出演 : Elmo's World
- 言語 : 英語 (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), 無条件
- 販売元 : Sesame Street
- ASIN : B00005QFE2
- ディスク枚数 : 1
Come look at the world through the eyes of everyone's favorite 3-year-old! Join Elmo in three self-contained segments as he explores his special world through dancing, music, and books. Each segment gives children a chance to experience their world on the TV screen and offers adults the opportunity to experience everyday things through a three-year-old's eyes. Meet Dorothy, Elmo's pet goldfish and Mr. Noodle, his new friend.
It contains three episodes of "Elmo's World". Each episode follows a similar flow of events while covering different topics: dancing, books and music. Each episode contains
* funny skits (Our son always laughs at the misadventures of Mr. Noodle. In case you have a preference, all three episodes on this DVD have the "original" Mr. Noodle played by Bill Irwin rather than the newer one played by the late Michael Jeter)
* songs and counting exercises that encourage active participation (he mimics the hokey pokey and points to the counting objects as they appear on the screen)
* instructional live-action video clips. For example, the "Reading" episode has a clip on the basics of how the library works and encourages kids to have their parents take them there. This will obviously be lost on younger toddlers, but shows how the content will be interesting to a wide variety of ages.
The episode format is great for younger toddlers because they can key in on what type of skit or song is upcoming after only a few viewings. Other Elmo DVDs (i.e. "The Best of Elmo") don't follow this pattern, and so he's not as interested in them at this young age; those DVDs function more as sing-alongs for older toddlers.
I disagree with some of the other negative reviews based on the disc's inability to hold a toddler's complete attention for the whole hour. First off, I doubt that there's anything in the world that could hold a two-year old's complete attention for more than ten minutes. Second, I believe that programs like this one are most beneficial when your child enjoys its content interactively along with others. We love watching this DVD along with him and he loves showing off how he can dance along with it and point out and name specific objects.
Another criticism that I've seen stems from the commercials that are at the very beginning of the main program. You can skip past these trailers for other Sesame Street DVDs just by advancing to the next chapter. One button - not hard at all.
In summary, this DVD has great educational content for kids within a wide range of ages and it's very entertaining as well.