Django by Example (英語) ペーパーバック – 2015/11/30
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Create your own line of successful web applications with Django
About This Book
- Learn Django by building four fully-functional, real-world web applications from scratch
- Develop powerful web applications quickly using the best coding practices
- Integrate other technologies into your application with clear, step-by-step explanations and comprehensive example code
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Build practical real-world web applications with Django
- Use Django with other technologies such as Redis, Celery, Solr and Memcached
- Develop pluggable Django applications
- Create advanced features, optimize your code and use the cache framework
- Add internationalization to your Django projects
- Add social features to your projects
- Build RESTful APIs for your applications
Django is a powerful Python web framework designed to develop web applications quickly, from simple prototypes to large-scale projects. Django encourages clean, pragmatic design, and provides developers with a comprehensive set of tools to build scalable web applications.
This book will walk you through the creation of four professional Django projects, teaching you how to solve common problems and implement best practices.
The book begins by showing you how to build a blog application, before moving on to developing a social image bookmarking website, an online shop and an e-learning platform. You will learn how to build a search engine and implement a user activity stream. Furthermore, you will create a recommendation engine, an e-commerce coupon system and a content management system. The book will also teach you how to enhance your applications with AJAX, create RESTful APIs and setup a production environment for your Django projects.
After reading this book, you will have a good understanding of how Django works and how to integrate it with other technologies to build practical, advanced, web applications.
Style and approach
This is an easy-to-follow guide to building four different production-ready Django projects. Each project focuses on a particular area of the framework and each topic within the projects is explained with practical examples and includes best practice recommendations.
Antonio Mele holds an MSc in Computer Science. He has been developing Django projects since 2006 and leads the django.es Spanish Django community. He has founded Zenx IT, a technology company that creates web applications for clients of several industries. Antonio has also worked as a CTO for several technology-based start-ups. His father inspired his passion for computers and programming.
Among other errors that caused headaches where urls mistakes, pagination, and form submission problems. ( I am only a 1/4th of the way through) I believe the book assumes requisite knowledge in these areas so that a more experienced reader would be able to mitigate the problems. A beginner will undoubtedly struggle with these seemingly small innocuous code differences that will break the application.