This book is great for designers who are new to commerce design and interactive design in general. It focuses on usability more than most other books aimed at designers and that is refreshing.
- knowing the customer (good treatment for those who didn't read Siegel's "Secrets..." or Kelly Goto's redesign book);
- a short primer on the technology behind ecommerce sites;
- information architecture basics (decent treatment, with a quite few useful bits of information even for who read Lou Rosenfeld's IA book);
- user-centered design and prototyping basics;
- components of an ecommerce site (one of the best sections overall);
- presentation guidelines for different parts of an ecommerce site (good section, too);
- a little about usability testing and QA;
- a handful of very short case studies (I would have liked to see a more in-depth analysis here).
All in all, a broad, if not deep, design manual in the context of ecommerce site design.
While breaking little new ground, the book manages to present the variety of issues surrounding the design of ecommerce sites. Seasoned professionals, however, will likely stay away from this one, opting for more specialized works like Nielsen's "E-Commerce Use Experience", or my own book at paulgokin dotcom. While there are better references for almost all topics covered, this book manages to pull out many useful nuggets of wisdom from the current literature, making it a good primer of ecommerce design, especially for designers coming from the print world.
Designwhys Desinging Web Sites That Sell (Design Whys) (英語) ペーパーバック – イラスト付き, 2002/4/1
Shayne Bowman and Chris Willis are co-founders of Hypergene, a Dallas-based media consulting and design firm. They develop, design and produce communication and commerce projects for clients in business, media and technology. Bowman and Willis are recognized leaders in design with more than 150 awards from Communication Arts, The American Advertising Federation, The Society of News Design and The Society of Professional Journalists. They write and speak frequently on media strategy, creative development and graphic design.
- 発売日 : 2002/4/1
- ペーパーバック : 256ページ
- ISBN-10 : 0201793040
- ISBN-13 : 978-0201793048
- 寸法 : 23.01 x 1.5 x 22.91 cm
- 出版社 : Peachpit Pr; Illustrated版 (2002/4/1)
- 言語: : 英語
- Amazon 売れ筋ランキング: - 4,159,540位洋書 (の売れ筋ランキングを見る洋書)