DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Rome: 2019 (英語) ペーパーバック – 2018/10/2
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
DK Eyewitness travel guides: award-winning guidebooks
Find your corner of Rome with this essential travel guide, designed to help you create your own unique trip and to transport you to this great city before you’ve even packed your case – step back in time at the Roman Forum and Colosseum, get a bird’s eye view of Rome from the top of the Victor Emmanuel Monument, or relax in Villa Borghese park. The DK Eyewitness Guide to Rome covers the must-see sights and the hidden corners, so you won’t miss a thing.
• Gorgeous, all-new color photography so you can imagine yourself there
• Reasons to love Rome: beautiful piazzas, spectacular art, ancient monuments, lively local markets, heavenly ice cream – what will yours be?
• See Rome from a different angle - 20 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
• A year-long calendar of events in Rome gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
• Sturdy, laminated pull-out city map gives transport information and Metro, tram and bus map
• Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
• Over 17 detailed, color maps help you navigate Rome with ease
• Expert tips to make memories that last – where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
• The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
• Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route.
• Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including St Peter’s Basilica, the Palatine and the Pantheon
• Covers Capitol; Forum and Palatine; Piazza della Rotonda; Piazza Navona; Piazza di Spagna and Villa Borghese; Campo de’ Fiori; Quirinal and Monti; Esquiline; Lateran; Caracalla; Aventine; Trastevere; Janiculum; Vatican; and Via Veneto; plus sights beyond the old city walls, including day trips further afield
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Rome is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
Staying for longer? Try our DK Eyewitness guide to Italy.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK’s beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. This year they have been given a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." — Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." — The Philadelphia Inquirer
The book is organized into major sections:
- Discover. This provides overviews of the city including day-by-day itineraries, month-by-month events in the city, a very brief history. I appreciate the Rome of the Beaten Track section, but it’s only one page, so could have been larger.
- Experience. 16 subsections describing 15 local neighborhoods and “Beyond the Centre” each include an excellent overview map and details about the sights in that area. Many sights have detail map plans or cutaway diagrams that help you get around, and most neighborhood sections include a walking tour map and a “Discover More” section for hidden gems.
- Need to Know. Practical information about getting around and a few Italian phrases.
We have been to Rome twice in the past 2 years and look forward to using this book on an upcoming trip. This book is good for reading but warning: you’ll want to go once you start reading this book!
** I received this product in exchange for this review, but my reviews are always based on my own personal experiences. I am a real person and not entirely sure why Amazon chose me to be in the Vine program except that I have been reviewing products here since 1997. I often revise my reviews as my opinion might change as I continue using the products.**
Another word of advice: Consider going to Rome off season – January, February, March. Yes, the city will be busy, but it won’t be like Disney on a bad day, which is Rome in the summer – hot and crowded. Another thing, driving can be a challenge. The cab drivers especially are aggressive, they drive fast and lean on their horns –not much fun for the tourist who doesn’t know the city, even with the help of the maps provided by DK, which are good. Also, consider taking a tour or two and leave the driving to the experts. Last but not least, take nothing valuable with you to Rome – ladri and zingari – thieves and gypsies abound and will steal anything not tied down. Be especially careful at popular destinations in the DK Guidebook like the Colosseum, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, etc. Also, be watchful when riding the bus. Enough said.
Typically people like to see Rome, Florence, and Venice when they travel to Italy and get only two or three days in Rome, which makes the DK Guide so important. Before the trip the guide can help the traveler decide just what to see and when and how to see it. Having a plan when only a few days are available in Rome is a necessity. Even people who are not planning to visit Rome will find much to like in the DK Guide. They can use the book to visit all the famous sites in a truly great city. Recommended.