Curl Programming Bible (英語) ペーパーバック – 2002/5/15
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Provides readers with an in-depth understanding of Curl technologies and how to apply them to real world situations. Coverage includes:
* Curl language syntax
* Text formatting, scripting, OO programming and rich 3D graphics.
* Support for emerging technologies, like SOAP, Web Services and Peer to Peer
* Incorporating Curl technologies into existing Web infrastructure
* Embedding Curl content within an HTML page
* Accessing Databases on the server
* Creating and packaging Curl applets for Web delivery
ABOUT THE WEB SITE
* Source code and examples
* Links to Curl developer resources such as white papers and developer forums
* Links to download the Surge Development Lab and Surge Plug-in
Curl Corporation is a software technology company that enables the development and deployment of next-generation Web pages and applications by providing full application-level functionality and a substantially richer, more interactive Web experience for the user.
Based in Cambridge, Mass., Curl was founded in February of 1998 to extend and commercialize the results of a three-year, $5 million, DARPA-funded research project conducted at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. DARPA, recognizing the need for standards and new models for harnessing the power of the Web, provided a grant that established the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Curl project to develop the "next generation of communication and computation software."
The founders of Curl Corporation were twelve members of the MIT community, with a technical team led by Stephen A. Ward, an internationally recognized computer scientist; Michael L. Dertouzos, Director of the MIT Laboratory for Computer Science; and Timothy Berners-Lee, the creator of the World Wide Web and Director of the W3C.
Curl allows you to create applications that dramatically reduce the load on your server's CPU and bandwidth needs, while at the same time finally allowing web applications that have the same interactive user interface that you had before the web forced you into reading everything one page at a time. The book is accurate and includes many simple programs that allow you to use Curl right away.