We bought the original version of Buzz trivia when it first came out, and had a great time with it. Whenever we had friends over, we would whip out the game and everyone would have a blast. It makes for a fun party game. In fact, two people I know bought PS3's just so that they could play this game.
When I discovered a new version called Buzz World would be coming out, I knew I was going to buy it. I've played it for a few months now, and I honestly have to say I expected more from this new version. It is still a lot of fun to play, but the developer fumbled the chance to turn it into a near-perfect game.
First, the changes I like:
- The categories are much more specific. In the first version, the categories were broad items such as "Blockbusters" and "Food and Drink". But now, you get categories such as "James Bond". Often times, you have absolutely no idea what the category is about when you choose it. Others may find this annoying, but I like the mystery it adds to the game.
- The game offers preset names. If everyone you know has common names, you will love this feature. The Buzz host will speak your name during the game, and will even talk trash to you if you're losing.
- You can create profiles. Whenever you play, you choose your profile (you can change the character and sound each time also) and the game remembers your past performances. For example, if you've won a lot of games in the past, the host will comment on your winning ways during the introductions. Pretty cool!
- Customized rounds. If you want to remove Final Countdown, for example, you can. Even timed games are options- there is a 15 min option and a 45 min option.
- New rounds that aren't in the first version. I like the Boiling Point round, where the first player to get 6 questions correct wins the round. There is another one where you get tossed off a plank if you get a few questions wrong.
But there are also negatives:
- Since the host now says your name, you can only select from a list of predetermined names. So if you have a foreign or uncommon name, you can't use it in the game.
- The game slowly recaps the current standings after every single round. This is annoying when there are a bunch of people playing.
- They got rid of some of the characters from the first version. They should have just added new characters, without removing any of the original ones. Or at least provided the option to create your own custom character, like in a lot of Nintendo Wii games.
- If you have 5 players or more, there are certain types of rounds the game will not make available to you. This is unfortunate, as the game is the most fun when there are 5-8 players.
Overall though, this is a very fun game. Hopefully the developer will make the next version even better.
- 注記：タイトルに記載のない限り、商品に封入されていない「外付け予約特典」は、お付けしておりません。画像や商品説明に特典の記載があった場合も同様に、タイトルに記載のない限り、「外付け予約特典」は、添付されませんのでご注意ください。なお、メーカーの意向により、特典内容が変更となる場合がありますので予めご了承願います。 また「メーカー特典」の有無については、出品者にお問い合わせください。 商品の「Amazon.co.jpオリジナル特典」はAmazon.co.jp以外の出品では付属しません。
- 注記： Amazon.co.jpが販売・発送する一部の商品は、お一人様あたりのご注文数量を限定させていただいております。お一人様あたりのご注文上限数量を超えるご注文（同一のお名前及びご住所で複数のアカウントを作成・使用されてご注文された場合を含みます。）、その他Amazon.co.jpにおいて不正なご注文とみなす場合には、予告なくご注文をキャンセルさせていただくことがあります。
- PS4/PSVita： PlayStationのニューリリース、売れ筋ランキングなどは「プレイステーション特集」でチェック。新型PS4本体から最新ソフトラインナップムービー、期間限定のお得なキャンペーン情報まで。