BookStand Slim Case for iPad Grey
出品者のコメント： 本商品はお取り寄せ輸入商品のため、納期に2-3週間頂いております。メーカー問屋在庫がない場合は、再度納期をメールにてご連絡させて頂きます。混雑状況によりにお時間を頂く場合も ございます事をご了承ください。
After only a few weeks this case has started to fall apart after normal use (by normal use, I mean that I baby the iPad)! The glue that holds the microfiber cover onto the plastic shell started to come loose. At first it looked like little bubbles under the microfiber but now nearly the whole back cover is separated from the shell. This makes me worried that it will slip and cause me to drop the iPad. Suspecting that I may just have a defective product, I searched online and to my surprise there are others with this problem. Amazon doesn't allow links but it's easy to find the discussion boards I found.
I will once again revisit this review if I receive a replacement BOOKSTAND case that doesn't exhibit these same problems. Otherwise, check my reviews to see if I have found decent a folio case for my iPad.
This is the second problem I have had with Macally in purchasing this case. I originally ordered it from the Macally website because it was "In Stock" only to find out a week later that it wasn't in stock and my order was automatically canceled. It was frustrating at the time but it would have saved me a lot of trouble if I had moved on to another case!
- Previous Four Star Review -
I originally purchased Apple's cover but was very dissatisfied with it. Unfortunately, there haven't been many other covers that replace the utilitarian functionality of that case. Then, I spotted the Bookstand case on Macally's website. The only problem was that it wasn't in production yet. Well, the wait is finally over and this case is wonderful. The typing angle is better and sharper than the Apple case. The best feature is that it doesn't cover up any of the screen like the other case does, and if you want to remove it, you can easily snap it out.
The few things I don't like:
1. The Color - it's very drab. A darker grey or black for the cover and anything but the hideously dim orange on the latch would be nice.
2. The Texture - better than the apple case but it still attracts dust and debris. I'd rather have something smoother. The glue that holds the fabric is inconsistent.
3. The Back Gap - There is a gap between the back of the iPad and the plastic of the case. This doesn't cause any problems but you can tell its there when you press on the case.
Despite a few flaws it's the case I'm sticking with for now.
I have owned this case for over a month now, and I absolutely love this case. I think that this case is *SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER* than the Apple case because the Apple case has sharp edges that makes it difficult to hold for long periods of time while you're reading a book, along with many other disadvantages which I will describe below.
BTW, I also ordered other cases as well, but they all paled in comparison to this wonderful case from MacAlly.
I have to admit that I have always been a MacAlly fan, and I think that they live up to their high standards with this iPad case as well.
Some of the advantages of this MacAlly case over the Apple case:
1. This case has soft edges, so it is very easy to hold for long periods of time while you are reading a book. (The Apple case has sharp uncomfortable edges.)
2. This case lets you easily snap your iPad in & out in just a matter of seconds. Don't want to use the case so you can show off your beautiful iPad's hardware to your friends? Simply pop it out. Want to use the case again? Just pop it back in. If you've tried to use the Apple case, you know that it takes minutes upon minutes of pulling and stretching and screaming and pulling your hair out to try to get the iPad in and out of that case.
3. This case allows for much better control of your iPad than the Apple case because this case lets you insert your iPad in either direction: home button on the left or home button on the right. This is sooo much better for me than the Apple case, which REQUIRES you to put your iPad in with the button on the left... which means that the volume controls are smashed into your lap and difficult to adjust.
4. This case is much more ergonomic than the Apple case because it has a much larger incline than the Apple case. This makes it sooo much easier to type on. While the Apple case gives you a tiny bit of an incline, the iPad is still pretty close to being flat in your lap with the Apple case. The MacAlly case really gives you a nice incline to work with, so you have a much easier time when typing.
Some slight disadvantages to this case:
1. Cosmetically, the grey color is not that pretty to look at. I would have rather had this case in black, but when I purchased it, grey was the only color to choose from. MacAlly, please make this case in black or any other color!!
2. Cosmetically, the leather strap isn't really that pretty either, but it is functional.
3. Sometimes the leather strap can be a little difficult to slide in & out of its holder, but its not a deal-breaker for me.
In regards to people's claims that the construction of this item is poor, I have to admit that I am not seeing this problem. I feel like this is a really solid case, and I am very happy with my purchase. Granted, I've only had this for a little over a month, so maybe my opinion will change over time.
Hope this helps!
Until this happened, I'd been reasonably happy with the case. The fabric feels like suede, and so grips well in the hand for carrying, and the case protects the iPad well.
The other problem with this case is the brown plastic closure strap. It fits in the closure loop (see photo) fine for the closed-book position. But, it it began bubbling after a week and is too wide to fit into the loop for the angled viewing position without using two hands and a lot of forcing (see photo).
This could be a great product, but I feel it was rushed to market.
A caution about all of the various cases with this style (mimicking the Apple case) is that when open, you place the surface that protects the screen onto the table, grass, or whatever you are resting the iPad on .. and so any dirt or liquids on that surface will be transferred to the screen when you close the case. So, brush it off before closing. ;-)