Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional (Beginning: From Novice to Professional) (英語) ペーパーバック – 2008/3/1
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
* PHP is an open-source server-side scripting language, with millions of users worldwide. It is more popular than Microsoft’s ASP and ASP.NET. Version 5, out before the end of Q2 of 2004, features new OO-programming capabilities.
* MySQL is the most popular open source RDBMS.
* There are a lot of E-commerce elements, such as credit card transaction processing, that are not easy to learn. This book will provide solid e-commerce solutions for PHP and MySQL developers.
* This will be a good companion book to Apress’ 1893115518 Beginning PHP 5 and MySQL: From Novice to Professional by W.J. Gilmore.
Cristian Darie is a software engineer with experience in a wide range of modern technologies. He is the author of numerous books, including his popular ASP.NET C# e-commerce tutorial, his Ajax and PHP tutorial, and his search engine optimization tutorial for PHP developers. Cristian studied distributed application architectures for his Ph.D, and is getting involved with various commercial and research projects. When not planning to buy Google, he enjoys his bit of social life. If you want to say "Hi," you can reach Cristian through his personal website, www.CristianDarie.ro.
Amazon.com で最も参考になったカスタマーレビュー (beta)
Here's what I disliked about this book. This book is not a beginning PHP book and it's not a beginning MySQL book like the title might suggest. It is a beginning e-commerce book and readers are expected to be familiar with both PHP and MySQL. It is also assumed that you are familiar with OOP and the smarty templating engine. For people not familiar with smarty this might be a little intimidating. Smarty is actually fairly straight forward but you might need to visit [...] for a crash course. Help is given to set up your working environment and the authors do get you started down the right path with smarty.
I certainly did not like the writing style of this book. Most chapters start out with objectives quickly followed by numerous pages of code. This section of code is followed by a paragraph, entitled what just happened, which loosely describes what the code does but not how the code works. This same process is repeated until the end of the chapter. All of the code is commented well but it's up to you the reader to understand what's going on. I would have preferred if a little more time was spent describing the concepts being used. I get the feeling the authors were trying to cram this book into 700 pages out of fear of having a 1000 plus page book. Personally I wouldn't have minded if it were that long. On the flip side this did force me to really focus and understand what I was reading and not just "follow along".
Lastly, I did not like that this book did not also cover macs. There are only a handful of changes that need to be made to make this work on a mac however if you are not familiar with developing PHP sites on a mac you could easily get hung up on one of these simple problems.
Considering my dislikes you might be surprised that I didn't rate this book lower, but a walked away having learned so much I had to give this book at least four stars. This book is challenging but well worth every page.
As for critics that claimed this book is "impossible" or that "the code doesn't work" or that "the author won't respond" don't believe it. This book is challenging but as long as you stay focused and follow the book closely there should be no problems and yes the author did respond to my questions.
Mr. Darie makes you use smarty templates and yahoo table builder, which kind of upset me because I was hoping to see everything made from scratch without 3rd party engines and such.
Bottom line. This book needs a lot of dedication and time. It does teach you a lot of stuff, assuming you know the basics of programming.
Highly recommend for experienced programmers.
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Databases > MySQL
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Internet & Web Culture > E-Commerce
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Web Development & Design > Programming > PHP
- 洋書 > Education & Reference